Ab Slide Review
What You Should Know
The Ab Slide is a piece of exercising equipment which advertisements claim targets the lower and upper abdominals, waistline, obliques, back, shoulders, chest, and arms.
The machine is made of mainly plastic with two padded metal bars for your hands. To use the Ab Slide, push the bars forward and then pull backward on them. The resistance created as you push the bar will workout the muscles in your midsection.
The Ab Slide operates based on an idea called spot reduction. Proponents of spot reduction claim that continuously exercising one area or your body will drastically tone that area.
List of Ingredients
Not applicable. The Ab Slide is a piece of exercise equipment and not an herbal weight loss supplement.
The Ab Slide is supposed to work through the resistance created by a rubber band within the device. When the user pushes on the metal bars, the band creates a positive resistance, and when the user pulls against the metal bar, the band creates a negative resistance. The Ab Slide is one of the first ab exercise machines to use the “sliding bodyweight” method.
The Ab Slide is easy to put together and is portable.
- Advertisements claim the exercises are accomplished in 4 minutes a day.
- The device is portable.
- the Ab Slide takes very little time to assemble.
- The exercises are easy to do.
- Although portable, the Ab Slide is a bit bulky. At five pounds, most people won’t be bringing it to the gym with them.
- May be a bit overpriced.
- Spot reduction, the idea employed by the creators of the Ab Slide, doesn’t, according to experts, deliver all it promises. No exercise can singlehandedly tone and strengthen one area.
- The main part of the machine is made out of flimsy plastic and is easily breakable.
- Doesn’t workout your arms and chest as advertised.
- Traditional sit ups may be just as efficient.
- Because of its use of the “sliding bodyweight” concept, the Ab Slide may be uncomfortable for extremely tall or overweight people.
- Many owners of the Ab Slide complain of a backache from use. This backache may be a result of the strength needed to keep your body in position. Without that strength, your lower back muscles may be strained.
The Ab Slide does fulfill many of its promises. It does strengthen and tone your abdominals at a fraction of the time as traditional sit ups, and using the device is more comfortable than performing sit ups. Although it is impossible to get rid of weight with spot reduction, it is possible to strengthen muscles. If used in conjunction with a weight loss system (a healthy diet, a sensible aerobics routine, and other effective dietary aids), the Ab Slide can deliver adequate results. However, with exercise and dieting, the same results may be attained without purchasing the Ab Slide.