What You Should Know
The ab toner is a lightweight machine designed to work the abdominals. It looks like a small rocking frame with a head rest. Assembly is required.
List of Ingredients
The ab toner has been re-designed and comes with a whole series of abdominal exercises, including the Basic Crunch, Reverse Crunch, Oblique Crunch, and Advanced Leg Lifts, to name a few. It has a head support and the frame assists in the actual “sit up” part of the crunch. It is advertised at $39 with a free floor mat (valued at $20). It claims to support the back and neck while working the abdominals.
- There are several advantages to the ab toner. It is a lightweight machine and is easy to use. It comes with an instruction booklet with illustrations of the exercises that are easy to understand. More than one customer indicated that the back and neck pain they experienced while doing floor crunches was eliminated when they began using the ab toner for their crunches.
- Having an exercise product that you can use at home makes it more likely that you will actually follow through with your exercise plan because it eliminates trips to the gym.
- The ab toner comes with a free floor mat to ad further comfort to your workout, and the relatively low price of $39 is reasonable.
- There are disadvantages to the ab toner. It does require assembly. Also, once you put it together, you’re probably not going to want to take it apart to use on trips or for storage-don’t plan on storing this under your bed!
- One of the greatest disadvantages to a specialized exercise machine is that it only works one portion of the body. Health and fitness experts agree that it is impossible to tone your body and lose fat (especially belly fat) by only working target areas. In order to lose fat you must engage in aerobic activity and change the way you eat. You may feel a difference in your abdominals, but you will never be able to lose all of your stomach fat by doing crunches alone.
- Another disadvantage to ordering the ab toner online is that the shipping weight is ten pounds, which will increase your shipping and handling costs.
While the ab toner may be a good idea for strengthening the abdominal area and avoiding injury to the neck and back, the awkwardness of assembly and storage may prove to be more hassle than it is worth. Since it is necessary to work the whole body aerobically in order to burn stomach fat, the ab toner won’t do the trick for people trying to lose fat from the abdominal area. If you buy a separate machine for each part of your body, your home will soon be over-run with equipment. Concentrate on a full-body workout and a healthy diet. Also consider thermogenic (fat burning) products to assist in weight loss.