Acai Berry Extract Review
What You Should Know
Acai Berry Extract comes from small purple berries with a chocolate/berry taste. Acai smoothies, juices, pills, and other consumables may come with claims that they will help you lose weight, sleep better, prevent heart problems, improve digestion, and solve many other health problems.
These berries, native to Central and South American countries, do contain significant levels of antioxidants, similar to many other berries, such as blueberries. Foods with antioxidants can certainly be part of a healthy diet, but scientific studies have yet to validate claims that acai berries have any special weight-loss benefits.
List of Ingredients
Acai Berry Extract contains acai extract, magnesium stearate and gelatin.
Acai Berry Extract promotes the acai berry as a superfood that will help you lose weight. Because the berries contain several vitamins, antioxidants, anthocyanins, and dietary fiber, they do have nutritional benefits. Sufficient fruits and vegetables in our diets are strongly linked to good health in many areas. Acai berry extract is not a harmful ingredient.
Opinions vary on whether specific phytochemicals in particular foods can be linked to verifiable health claims. Antioxidants are thought to reduce some of the damage caused by free radicals in the body and may help prevent heart disease and cancer.
Research is on-going to pinpoint the healthful effects of anthocyanins, the substances that are responsible for the deep blue, purple and black colors of foods such as blueberries, grapes, red wine, and acai berries. The benefits of high fiber in the diet are known to include reducing the risks of diabetes and heart disease, and lowering cholesterol. There are no reputable studies to show that acai causes weight loss.
- Acai berries contain healthful antioxidants that could help decrease the risk of some diseases. Products containing processed acai berries, such as Acai Berry Extract, might not have the benefits of whole berries, such as fiber.
- The berries aren’t a harmful choice for your diet. Be sure to check the other ingredients in any product you are considering in order to ascertain whether they are harmful.
- Foods with anthocyanins, such as acai, may reduce the risks of developing diabetes and heart disease.
- Scientific studies have not shown that any type of acai contains any substance that increases weight loss.
- Processed products containing acai berry extract may not provide the same benefits as whole acai berries.
- Acai berry extract products may cost considerably more than unprocessed healthy foods used in a balanced diet.
- Acai Berry Extract does not include exercise for a healthy weight loss program.
- Information on how to eat a healthy, balanced diet including fruits and vegetables is not included with this supplement .
Acai Berry Extract could have some health benefits if you include it in a balanced diet of fruits and vegetables because it may contain several vitamins, anthocyanins, antioxidants, and fiber, but so do many other berries such as blueberries and black raspberries. Acai berries or the extract by itself is not harmful if not taken in excess, but current studies have not identified anything in acai berries that helps you lose weight. If you are allergic to pollens, you should seek a doctor’s advice before using the extract.