What You Should Know
Acai Berry Maxx promotes itself as a supplement that will help you lose weight, detoxify and cleanse your body, increase your energy, and burn fat. It includes the acai berry as its featured ingredient. Acai berries have recently gained great popularity and have been promoted by a few celebrities.
The berries, native to Brazil, have been studied intensively and have been found to contain significant vitamins and antioxidants beneficial to good health in many ways, and they can be a part of a healthy diet of fruits and vegetables. But regardless of how nutritious it may be, acai has not been shown by any scientific study to increase your weight loss. Nevertheless, lots of products, such as capsules, smoothies, and extracts are now marketed with acai as a prominent ingredient.
List of Ingredients
Main ingredients of Acai Berry Maxx: Green Tea Extract, Acai (berry) (equivalent to 500mg from extract), Caffeine anhydrous.
Other ingredients: Gelatin, Silicon Dioxide, Magnesium Stearate, FD&C Blue # 1, FD&C Red # 40, Titanium Dioxide.
Acai Berry Maxx includes the acai berry extract. Acai berries do have antioxidants, vitamins, and fiber that could add nutrition in a healthy diet. Processed acai, however, varies in strength and quality. Studies have shown the benefits of antioxidants in helping to strengthen the immune system.
Acai Berry Maxx also includes green tea extract and caffeine to increase metabolism, help you lose weight, and increase your energy level. Some studies have shown green tea extract to be helpful in weight loss. Caffeine could cause side effects in some people.
- Acai Berry Maxx is easy and convenient to use.
- The product contains green tea extract and caffeine which could help increase metabolism and help you lose weight.
- Although acai berries have many nutritional benefits, they have not been shown to caue weight loss .
- Acai Berry Maxx does not have an exercise component for helping healthy weight loss.
- Acai Berry Maxx doesn’t include a plan for using a healthy diet while you are losing weight.
- Many consumers have had trouble with the conditions of the free trial and automatic shipment program promoted by Acai Berry Maxx. The Center for Science in the Public Interest cautions consumers to beware of free trials of diet pills made of acai berries. These companies have been known to make automatic monthly shipments of the supplements and automatic charges to users’ credit cards that were difficult to cancel.
Acai Berry Maxx is another product that promotes weight loss with acai, which has not been borne out by scientific studies. Acai berries are highly nutritional, but just don’t have weight loss properties. Using acai supplements or extracts should be relatively harmless, but it is difficult to know if a supplement’s processed acai has the same properties claimed for the whole acai berry. Finding fresh fruits and vegetables with similar amounts of vitamins and antioxidants at your local grocery also probably costs less.