What You Should Know
Many nutrition experts consider Acai berries to be a “superfood.” The designation “superfood” means that this berry is full of good vitamins, minerals, fiber, and omega fatty-acids. Nutritionists also believe that the Acai berry is a powerful antioxidant.
The Acai X3 (or Acai 3X) dieting supplement blends the Acai berry with several other healthy ingredients which are supposed to promote weight loss. This supplement is only available online through authorized retailers.
List of Ingredients
Herbal Blend 700 mg [Ginger Root, Green Tea Extract, Cinnamon, Guaranaa Extract, Rhubarb Root, Caralluma Fimbriata, Fucoxanthin], Vitamin C 60 mg, Vitamin B6 4mg, Vitamin B12 24 mcg, Magnesium Stearate, Acai Berry, Rice Flour
Acai X3 contains Guaranaa Extract which is very high in caffeine content. Guaranaa (and other caffeine products) may be an appetite suppressant. Consuming too much caffeine can lead to a fast heart rate, palpitations, excessive urination, nausea, anxiety, tremors and trouble sleeping.
This product contains Fucoxanthin which has promoted weight loss in laboratory tests done on animals. This ingredient is found naturally in many types of seaweed and may promote weight loss. Unfortunately, these lab tests have not shown that Fucoxathin promotes weight loss in humans.
This product contains Caralluma Fimbriata which is a hunger suppressant that is found naturally in plants indigenous to India and vast stretches of the Middle East. This added ingredient may indirectly promote weight loss by suppressing hunger; thereby lowering the amount of food consumed each day.
- Acai X3 is made of natural ingredients that generally promote good health. If used as a multi-vitamin, this product could be beneficial.
- Because this product contains Acai berry extract, it may help break down harmful toxins in the body.
- This product may also be an effective antioxidant.
- Acai X3 is not FDA approved.
- This supplement has not been subjected to rigorous laboratory examination. Apart from rigorous laboratory examination, the claims made about this product’s benefits are suspect.
- Though the ingredients of this supplement are healthy, none of them are known to directly promote weight loss. Rather, these ingredients would be part of a healthy diet which, when combined with exercise, would promote weight loss.
- This product is not available through retail stores. It is only available online through authorized retailers.
- Acai X3 does not have a solid customer support base. Once you buy into this product, you may find it difficult to cancel. If you decide to participate in their “free-trial” offer, read the Terms and Conditions carefully.
- This supplement went through a “rebranding” in 2008. The brand name changed from Acai X3 to Acai 3X. Though the rebranding does not automatically indicate that this product is inferior or inadequate, it does invite closer scrutiny of the marketer’s claim that this supplement directly promotes weight loss.
Acai X3 has several natural ingredients that are considered healthy and may promote good health. Health benefits notwithstanding, this supplement may not directly promote weight loss.
Because of the affordability, availability and accessibility of other products that promote good health (e.g. multi-vitamins and vitamin complexes) and weight loss (e.g. certain thermogenic fat burners); this product does not stand out. You would probably be better off considering other products.