What You Should Know
Adipex-P is an appetite suppressant pill manufactured by Gate Pharmaceuticals. Founded in 1990, the small company of Gate Pharmaceuticals is the American branch from the Israeli-based Teva Pharmaceuticals. Adipex-P is their only weight-loss drug. The company emphasizes that their product is a part of a complete and well-developed diet plan. Adipex-P is generally used for obese individuals and is only available through prescription.
The main component in Adipex-P is phentermine. Phentermine is an FDA approved anorectic or appetite suppressant . The prescribing information states that the diet pill lacks ephedrine. The pill is taken orally and is available in either capsule or tablet form. The website of Gate Pharmaceuticals lacks any customer or physician testimony to the usefulness of its product.
List of Ingredients
Capsules: Corn Starch, Gelatin, Lactose Monohydrate, Magnesium Stearate, Titanium Dioxide, Black Iron Oxide, FD&C Blue #1, FD&C Red #40 and D&C Red #33.
Tablets: Corn Starch, Lactose (Anhydrous), Magnesium Stearate, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Pregelatinized Starch, Sucrose, and FD&C Blue #1.
Adipex-P is often only prescribed for a short period of time (generally a few weeks) alongside a structured weight-loss plan that includes dieting, regular exercise, and counseling with one’s physician. The pill strives to reduce one’s desire for food, which in turn, reduces food intake, ultimately resulting in weight loss. The company promotes the pill to be taken with their Adipex-P PrescriptionPLUS Lifestyle program. The company also states that patients learn healthy habits and lifestyle choices while following the Adipex-P PrescriptionPLUS Lifestyle program while simultaneously taking the pill. It is to be noted that Adipex-P is generally only recommended for individuals with other health conditions along with obesity (e.g. diabetes, high blood pressure, etc)
- Adipex-P is generally only taken in simple once a day dosages, which is usually manageable for most people.
- The company promotes that a healthy lifestyle is attainable with use of the pill.
- Adipex-P seems to curb one’s appetite and desire for food quickly.
- The effects of the pill seem to wear off quickly and never work again.
- Some users report difficulty sleeping and an often occurrence of dry mouth.
- The company website is rather outdated and difficult to navigate.
- The company seems to emphasize that following their lifestyle plan is actually more important than taking the pill.
- There have been no important or significant clinical studies on the main component, phentermine.
Adipex-P seems to act as a starting off point for long term weight-loss goals. As the pill is stated to curb appetite quickly, it is easy to be motivated to continue a healthy and effective weight-loss plan. Despite this, the effects wear off quickly and do not seem to be as successful as the Adipex-P PrescriptionPLUS Lifestyle program that is promoted so much throughout the website.