What You Should Know
Amplified Wheybolic Extreme 60 is not your average whey protein. GNC packs protein with lutein, a branched chain amino acid, to support muscle growth and recovery. But, GNC adds even more to the formula. In addition to the whey and lutein, are nitric oxide supporting ingredients, energy boosting ingredients and digestive enzymes. For the average dieter, this supplement offers not support. There are no vitamins and nutrients and one serving contains about 300 calories with 240 of those calories coming from protein. This supplement is better received by an athlete or bodybuilding looking to supplement a high protein diet with extreme amounts of protein that is easy to digest and absorb.
List of Ingredients
Micronized Amino Acids: Glutamine and Arginine.
Amino Acceleration System: Carbogen, Aminogen, Patented Bioactive Polypeptides Enzyme System and Enzyme Matrix.
Leucine and L-Carnitine.
Protein Blend (Whey Protein Isolate, Hydrolyzed Whey), Cocoa (Processed with Alkali) [Soy], Natural and Artificial Flavor, Polydextrose, Lecithin, Sucralose, Acesulfame Potassium.
Where does the athlete turn when they want a super whey protein that digests quickly, absorbs quickly and support healthy muscle growth and recovery? They turn to GNC, one of the most popular names in athletic supplementation. This supplement is ideal for athletes and bodybuilders, but it is a waste of money for the average dieter.
Starting off the supplement are glutamine and arginine. Glutamine is the initial fuel source for muscles during exercise. If all the glutamine stores are used up, the muscle will literally eat itself to keep moving. Supplementing glutamine prevents muscle catabolism. Arginine supports nitric oxide production, so blood vessels open wide to move protein to muscle faster.
The Amino Acceleration System contains carbohydrates to rush ingredients to muscle like a freight train. There are also some digestive enzymes on board to speed up digestion. The faster protein is digested, the faster it can get to the muscle. .
- A complete list of ingredients is available in the description and in label form.
- Contains everything the body needs to support muscle growth.
- Supplies much needed glutamine.
- Facilitates protein digestion for faster effect.
- Contains 60 grams of protein.
- Remains low carbohydrate, despite containing Carbogen.
- Will not promote weight loss.
- Contains too much protein for the average dieter.
- Will not help the dieter feel less hungry or speed metabolism.
- Costs more than meal replacement shakes and some protein supplements.
- Protein is not micronized, so it may not mix well in liquids.
The entire Amplified series from GNC is a bit over the top, but we guess that is the purpose of the series. Amplified Wheybolic Extreme 60 is a strong protein supplement with 60 grams of protein, more than the average athlete needs and maybe more than the bodybuilder needs in a whey shake.