What You Should Know
Androlean is a $130 fat blasting supplement from Primordial Performance. The fat-blasting claim is an option, but the price is a fact. There is a short and sweet product description that tells how the supplement works, but the description does not offer any clinical support. If the company wants to sell the dieter on the supplement it needs to boost the validity of the product with clinical support. The supplement ingredient list shows nothing more than DHEA and a transport complex. The ingredients are nearly identical to those found in other Andro-supplements from Primordial Performance.
List of Ingredients
- Liqua-Vade Hormone Transport Complex:
- High Stearic Shea Nut Oil
- Glyceryl Monolinoleate/Oleate
- High Linoleic Safflower Seed Oil
- Phospholipid Complex
- Ethoxylated Sorbitan Monooleate
- Hormone Protection Complex:
- Grapefruit Peel Oil
- Naringenin Extract
- Quercetin Extract
- Medium Chain Triglycerides
The only thing we have when we look at the ingredient list for Androlean is DHEA. There is some hype surrounding DHEA as the answer to weight loss for the aging population, but this hype is not backed with clinical research. We don’t doubt that DHEA, which has been around for more than two decades, has some positive impact on weight loss, but the facts and support are just not there to sell the dieter on the supplement. We took it upon ourselves to research DHEA a bit, but the research support we found wasn’t spectacular. There are some animal trials and human trials that show fat loss and weight loss without dietary change, but the scale of the studies is small.
- DHEA may have a positive impact on weight loss.
- There are clinical studies supporting the use of DHEA as a weight loss supplement.
- DHEA is on the banned substance list for most sanctioned athletic events.
- Some testing on DHEA has been done on animals – not humans.
- Some tests results in fat loss, but not weight loss.
There are lots of little bits and pieces about DHEA floating around the Internet. For the most part, we find that DHEA is an old-school supplement with lots of clinical testing. In some countries a prescription is needed to buy DHEA, but in the US you can buy it over the counter. There are some reports of possible negative side effects, but no real proof either way. We suggest choosing a different supplement for weight loss; one that is not banned by athletic committees all over the world. Androlean is not the most effective weight loss supplement on the market.