What You Should Know
Appress is manufactured by D and E Pharmaceuticals Inc. It is marketed as a product that will help you lose weight, as well as increase your energy levels. The distributors and manufacturers of Appress try to set themselves apart from other weight loss products by stating that the product controls your serum glucose levels. Those marketing the product state that fluctuating glucose levels lead to weight gain, and that stabilising glucose production will help you lose weight. Appress also contains a patented product, known as Glucapress.
List of Ingredients
The ingredients in Appress consist of Chromium Brotin, Glucappress patented, Gahwa bean extract, lagerstromia speciosa, Chomium Polynicotinate, Vanadyl Sulfate and Green Tea extract.
The tree lagerstromia speciosa grows in India, Southeast Asia and the Philipinnes. It has traditionally been used to lower high glucose and insulin levels. Appress also contains two different forms of chromium. Certainly due to the high incidence of adult onset diabetes many physicians now recommend a small daily supplement of chromium.
The advised dosage of Appress is given on a sliding scale according to your body weight. It is stated that those who have a weight of 100 lbs. or more should take three capsules with your morning meal and two capsules with your evening meal. The dosage decreases with decreased weight.
The retail price of Appress is approximately $49 for 90 capsules.
- This product is available online and in a number of major retail stores.
- Product contains ingredients known to provide calcium.
- Those marketing this product state that as well as procuring weight loss, it can benefit a number of medical conditions, such as high blood pressure, and high cholesterol. Serious medical problems should be treated under the supervision of a physician, not by using a weight loss product.
- It is stated by some distributors that Appress can also treat pre-diabetes. Any form of diabetes is an extremely serious medical condition and should only be treated by a physician.
- Product return policies are unclear.
- No free trial of Appress seems to be available for first-time users.
As a result of the number of ingredients which have a known effect on the glucose and insulin levels in the body that are included in Appress, we would suggest that those who wish to take this product should do so with extreme caution. We would definitely like to see some standardized trials of Appress. We believe that it is irresponsible and even dangerous on the part of those distributing and marketing this product to state that it can benefit some serious medical conditions. Appress has not been approved by the Food and Drug Administration for the treatment of medical conditions.