What You Should Know
Asenlix is one brand name for a drug classified as Clobenzorex. It is also sold by Dinintel, Finedal and Rexigen. This weight loss supplement was popularized a few years ago in the 1970s by some athletes looking for an appetite suppressant. It technically falls under the phenethylamine and amphetamine class of drug only with significantly less potency than other aphetamines and is usually listed as an anorectic. Because of the coloring of the early capsules, a more common name for these pills is “greenies.”
Today, this product is no longer available inside the United States. It can be purchased online from Mexican pharmacies but is difficult to get through US Customs.
List of Ingredients
The only ingredient in Asenlix is Clobenzorex, a stimulant drug that tends to increase alertness and energy.
Asenlix, or Clobenzorex, is usually sold as a pill or a tablet and taken no more than twice a day. A prescription is required though today you would not be able to purchase it in the United States. Often it can be purchased from online pharmaceutical companies. A normal dosage would be one capsule or 30mg. It is reported that people who take this drug claim to feel less tired and more alert. It also is supposed to prevent energy loss while still effectively suppressing one’s appetite.
- The chief advantage of Asenlix is said to be its ability to greatly reduce a person’s appetite. It can be a very effective anorectic.
- Supposedly, it does this without reducing energy or alertness. Some athletes say they take it because of the boost it gives to their reactions and performance.
- It can also be found for a fairly low price.
- There are several disadvantages to this product. First, it is no longer available for sale in the United States making it difficult to obtain.
- Second, it was banned because of some rather serious side effects which include varying degrees of anxiety, insomnia, nausea, and accelerated heartbeat.
- Also, it should be pointed out that while effectively reducing a person’s appetite Asenlix does not help them lose the weight that they have already acquired.
- This product also fails to emphasize the importance of a healthy diet and regular exercise.
- Finally, while users generally report complete loss of appetite, others fail to notice any difference.
- Results vary.
While this product is very effective at reducing a person’s caloric intake while still maintaining high energy levels, the difficulty in obtaining this drug in the United States and the reasons for that difficulty should be given serious consideration. This drug is not recommended for anyone suffering with heart trouble, depression, or from drug or alcohol abuse. A person would want to consult his physician before starting with any new drug.