AST Multi-Pro 32X Review
What You Should Know
Multi-vitamins have become staples of the health-conscious diet. In our fast-paced society, eating healthy food is difficult. As a result, many of us need a multi-vitamin to supply the nutrients that our diet is lacking.
AST Multi-Pro 32X is produced by AST Sports Science operating out of Golden, CO. This product is specifically marketed to athletes and bodybuilders, people who lose a lot of essential vitamins and minerals through intense physical exertion. As a result, this product contains more than the recommended daily intake of several essential vitamins and minerals.
List of Ingredients
Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin D3, Vitamin E, Vitamin K, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B2, Vitamin B3, Vitamin B6, Folic Acid, Vitamin B12, Biotin, Vitamin B5, Di-Calcium
Phosphate-Calcium, Phosphorus, Iron, Iodine (as Potassium Iodide), Magnesium, Zinc, Selenium, Copper, Manganese, Chromium, Molybdenum, Potassium Chloride, Silicon 30mg, Tin(as Tin Chelate)10mcg, Vanadium(as Vanadium Chelate)10mcg, Boron(as Boron Amino Acid Chelate)150mcg, Nickel(as Nickel Protein Chelate)25mcg.
AST Multi-Pro 32X contains several of the B-complex vitamins which are touted as energy boosters. B-complex vitamins interact with our body’s process of converting nutrients to energy. If you already have a healthy diet and only do light to medium physical exercise, then you will not be deficient in the B-vitamin complex. As a result, taking a multi-vitamin like this will not significantly boost your energy.
This product contains Iron. Parents should use caution when giving Iron-containing supplements to their young children. Too much Iron intake can be fatal to children under 6.
This product contains Iodine. Iodine is found naturally in many sea plants (e.g. kelp and seaweed) and is essential to good health.
- If you are an athlete, you may sweat out more essential vitamins and minerals than you can consume through a healthy diet. AST Multi-Pro 32X may replenish several of those deficient vitamins and minerals, promoting better health.
- If you do not have a healthy diet, this supplement may make up some of the deficiencies in your diet. Supplements like this, however, cannot replace a healthy diet.
- If you exercise moderately and have a healthy diet, AST Multi-Pro 32X will probably not give you an extra boost of energy.
- Though this product contains more than the Recommended Daily Value of several vitamins and minerals, excess vitamins and minerals are excreted from the body providing no benefit. In other words, people who have a healthy diet will not benefit significantly from taking this supplement.
- This product contains several ingredients for which no recommended daily value has been established (e.g. Silicon, Tin, Vanadium, Boron and Nickel). You may find some rumored health benefits from taking each of these ingredients, but there is no evidence that these ingredients promote good health.
- This product will not help you lose weight.
AST Multi-Pro 32X is a multi-vitamin that would perhaps benefit a select group of people (i.e. those who lose lots of vitamins and minerals through sweat and/or those who do not eat healthy food). If you eat healthy and exercise moderately, this product may not benefit you at all. This multi-vitamin is not a weight-loss supplement and does not promote muscular growth.
If you are looking for a run-of-the-mill multi-vitamin, this product may help.