What You Should Know
Atenolol is a beta blocker that is for the purpose of treating high blood pressure and other heart problems, such as chest pain. It is available by prescription only, so it is not a regularly available product for consumers. Atenolol is also not for weight loss at all. It is used with a healthy eating plan and regular exercise to help control a person’s high blood pressure, but not to help that person bring their weight down. Atenolol has actually caused some users to gain weight instead of losing it, which can lead to the high blood pressure that the drug is designed to treat. Atenolol is not recommended by any physician for weight loss, and many other places dismiss it as well.
List of Ingredients
The product is designed to help patients with high blood pressure and chest pain to alleviate these problems. It has the effect of slowing down a person’s heart rate to alleviate the high blood pressure, and that person may become drowsy as a result. In alleviating high blood pressure, Atenolol is also supposed to help chest pains be less of a problem for a heart patient. This drug is aimed at those with heart problems, and not for others who do not have heart problems.
- Helps get high blood pressure be lowered and alleviates the pain of chest pains, known as angina.
- Will help the user have lower blood pressure if he exercises regularly and eats a healthy, balanced diet of healthy foods.
- A user of Atenolol can become drowsy.
- Atenolol will get into breast milk, so if a user is a nursing woman, she should not take atenolol or use another form of feeding, because the infant will be affected.
- Some users of atenolol report that they gain weight while using this drug, so it is not a weight loss drug and can hurt the efforts of someone wanting to lose weight.
- The side effects can be unpleasant, especially if the user is not used to the drug, or is not a heart patient.
Atenolol is a drug that is specifically for heart patients with high blood pressure. It is not for the user who wants to lose weight. Because of the side effects, many users feel drowsy, instead of having energy, whereas a true weight loss aid would help the user have more energy. Atenolol is a useful product if a person has problems with high blood pressure, but it is not for every person, and certainly useful only to those who are wiling to combine a healthy diet with good amounts of exercise. Atenolol should be used only for those who have problems with blood pressure, and only when a doctor prescribes it.