What You Should Know
Global Formulas, the company that makes BioHeat, uses no spokesman. They claim to be the favorite brand of nutrition products for athletes of all levels and rely on peer recommendations to promote their products.
The ingredients of BioHeat include 400 mg of Green Tea, 200mg of Norsynephrine HCL, 40g of Evodiamime, 5mg of Vinpocetine, 100mg of Yerba Mate, 200mg of Caffeine Anhydrous, 1000mg of L-Tyrosine, 2.5mg of NADH, 50mg of Narangin, 250mg of Dandelion Root, 250mg of Uva Ursi, 60mg of Magnesium and 100mg of Vitamin B6. Only the last two ingredients have a daily value recommendation. The magnesium in this product provides 16% of the DRV. The B6 in this product provides 5000% of the DRV.
According to its manufacturers, BioHeat targets multiple issues that can cause excess weight. It helps the body utilize “brown fat.” Brown fat is the adipose tissue in the body that generates heat and burns energy. It also helps the body remove excessive water weight, giving the body an overall tighter and more defined appearance. BioHeat also acts as an appetite suppressant to help prevent unwanted cravings or overeating. Finally, the makers of BioHeat promise an increase in energy and alertness free from stimulants that can leave people feeling wired.
- BioHeat includes diuretic ingredients such as Uva Ursi and Dandelion.
- Some of the ingredients have been show to increase the body’s ability to burn fat including L-Tyrosine and Norsynephrine HCL.
- Several of the ingredients would make the consumer more alert. The ingredient L-Tyrosine is also a known appetite suppressant.
- Green Tea, Caffeine Anhydrous and Yerba Mate are all stimulants. This is in direct contradiction to product claims. Taken in large quantities, these ingredients can cause side effects such as insomnia, restlessness and irritability.
- The product is a bit expensive. Approximately a one-month supply is priced at about $40.00 when bought directly from the company, before adding shipping charges. Even with the expensive nature of the product the company does not provide free samples and there are no clear refund policies provided on the main website.
- The appetite suppressant used in BioHeat has been known to have a negative interaction with anti-depression medications. As always, check with your doctor before taking a diet supplement in conjunction with other medications.
This product may assist with initial weight loss by flushing the body of excess water weight. However, some of the statements made about the ingredients in BioHeat make us unsure of the overall effectiveness of the product.