What You Should Know
“The Body-Smart System: The Complete Guide to Cleansing and Rejuvenation” by Helene Silver is a 21-day program designed to promote positive lifestyle change. People who follow the Body-Smart plan will lose weight and learn how to make healthy choices. Silver claims that by cleansing toxins from the body the reader can improve complexion, boost energy levels and be more youthful looking. The read will also gain a greater sense of overall well being and improve their quality of life permanently. With chapters on setting goals, creating a positive environment, breathing and movement, the author aims to restructure the reader’s life to utilize a more holistic approach to health.
The Body-Smart System promotes a 21-Day “Change Your Life” program, which promises that you will “feel younger, more attractive, relaxed, and energized” in just three weeks.
Author Helene Silver is a holistic health educator and nutritionist with over 30 years of experience in alternative medicine. As director of the Inner Beauty Institute in Sonoma, California, she has supervised scores of clients on personalized cleansing and rejuvenation health programs, employing the same techniques described in The Body-Smart System. Silver is a dedicated believer in an alternative approach to health, who declares “my cleansing and rejuvenation program can change your life.”
“The Body-Smart System: The Complete Guide to Cleansing and Rejuvenation,” is a guide to cleansing and rejuvenation which utilizes alternative medicine and holistic techniques. The system aims to teach readers to use their own “body filters”- skin, lungs, colon, liver, lymph, and kidneys-to rid the body of toxins. The book is designed to be both a reference guide and an at-home spa program, offering the reader a choice of over 200 cleansing activities.
The Body-Smart System also provides daily menus, healthy recipes and weekly shopping lists. In addition, the user can pick from among three short cleansing programs as well as the 21-Day “Change Your Life” program. Also covered are the health and beauty philosophy of the program, including information on subjects like cellulite, constipation and indigestion, PMS, menopause, relaxation, breath control, stress reduction, visualizations, and skin care. The book is available on Amazon.com for around $20.00, as well as on Silver’s official website. The online resources also include links to seminars and retreats.
- “The Body-Smart System: The Complete Guide to Cleansing and Rejuvenation” provides a lot of information about a holistic approach to health.
- There are a number of positive customer reviews online to support the program promoted in the book.
- The author maintains an official website which offers additional books, resources and information for those interested in pursuing alternative approaches to health and beauty.
- “The Body-Smart System: The Complete Guide to Cleansing and Rejuvenation”seeks to change your lifestyle, it may not be the resource for those who are just seeking to lose a few extra pounds.
- While The Body-Smart System does offer a complete plan for life style changes, it isn’t specifically a weight control tool.
- There do not appear to be any specific weight loss claims made or customer satisfaction guarantee offered with this book.
“The Body-Smart System: The Complete Guide to Cleansing and Rejuvenation” seems to be a comprehensive program for those looking to take a more holistic approach to their health. Author Helene Silver has an impressive background and a wealth of experience in the field of holisitc medicine. However, not everyone who is looking to lose a few pounds is necessarily looking to change their whole life. For some dieters, a simple, effective diet pill or capsule may be all they need to reach their weight loss goals. There are a number of proven, well-researched diet aids on the market that would serve the needs of those individuals more effectively than the sweeping change offered by The Body-Smart System. Although this book does offer good advice for making lifestyle adjustments, it may not be the right choice for someone looking for a little help losing stubborn weight.