What You Should Know
BodySpace is an off-shoot of Bodybuilding.com. This site allows users to create profiles, upload pictures, and blog about different aspects of bodybuilding. This site also allows for a community of users to interact with each other for nutritional support, weight-loss information, supplement information, workouts that work or don’t, and upcoming competitions. Bodybuilding.com created BodySpace. Bodybuilding.com is a website based in Boise, Idaho. The function and goal of the website according to itself is to inform, instruct, demonstrate, motivate and distribute. They want to inform the user about body building, instruct the user with videos, articles, and motivate them with pictures, other user success stories, and lots and lots of information. The site also has a vast supply of different products that many body builders and fitness gurus use themselves and they distribute these products from three warehouses and one retail store from around the country. You can purchase DVD’s, supplements, shakes, and fitness equipment from many different companies such as Amber Athletic Equipment, Back to Basics, 5 Hour Energy, Oganica Research, and many, many more.
- You don’t have to struggle to find like-minded people to share your struggles and successes with. It’s a built in filter for who you are looking to meet.
- There are a lot of fitness and nutritionally sound people on this site. They care about their fitness and their bodies and want to pass this information on to others.
- There is a plethora of information and knowledge to gather from.
- Instead of an exercise and nutrition site, some might be trying to use it to get a date. It may not necessarily be a disadvantage if you’re looking, but it’s not what the site is for.
- Just because a person has muscle, doesn’t mean they are treating their bodies the best they can. Some people are abusing steroids or supplements and not taking care of themselves. It’s important to watch out for advice that seems contrary and radical to conventional methods that have been proven to work.
- Everyone’s body is different. Just because a routine or supplement is working for one person, doesn’t mean it will work for everyone. You have to be selective and careful about your choices.
BodySpace seems, for all intensive purposes, to be a solid place to find what you are looking for. From supplements to fat-burners, advice to videos, it seems to be all available at the click of the mouse at BodySpace. There’s a lot of motivational pictures to choose from and a lot of information to absorb. Watch out for radical claims about certain supplements or routines and do your own due diligence about which supplement or routine is right for you.