British Dietetic Association Review
What You Should Know
The British Dietetic Association is a professional association and trade union for dieticians in the United Kingdom. The stated aims of the BDA are “to advance the science and practice of dietetics and associated subjects; to promote training and education in the science and practice of dietetics and associated subjects; to regulate the relations between dietitians and their employer through the BDA Trade Union. The queen of England is major patron of the British Dietetic Association.
Overall, this organization and website appears to be a solid source of information for academics, professionals, students, and members of the public who want to learn more about how diets affect our life and health.
The official website of the British Dietetic Association has many resources for health professionals, students and members of the general public. In addition to the sections of the site dedicated to describing the association and how to become a member, there is a page with educational information for students interested in pursuing a career in dietetics. There is also a jobs site for dieticians searching for work, and numerous resources for academics in the field of dietetics.
The Food Facts page has hundreds of informational sheets on various diet-related health topics, such as “Food and Behavior”, “Losing Weight and Detoxing”, “Food Labels and Health Claims”, “Medical Conditions”, “Eat for Health”, “Nutrients in Foods”, “Life Stage Eating: Adults”, “Nutritional Supplements”, “Life Stage Eating: Children and Babies”, and “Dietitians and Dietetics”.
- The British Dietetic Association organization contains useful and reliable information on the subject of eating, and how our diets affect our life and health.
- The website of the British Dietetic Association is well-organized and easy to navigate.
- The Food Facts page of the website of the British Dietetic Association is contains hundreds of useful information sheets on a range of important topics related to diets.
- The British Dietetic Association’s interests as a trade union may not be wholly consistent with its interests as a professional association.
- A discussion forum where members of the public could ask questions to dietetic professionals would make this website more accessible to the public.
The British Dietetic Association is a professional association and trade unions for dietetics in the United Kingdom. Its website offers many useful tips for professionals, students, academics and members of the general public. Specifically, its Food Facts website contains hundreds of useful information sheets on eating and diet-related topics. This website is likely to be useful to anyone interested in learning more about eating and health.