What You Should Know
Chandrika is Ayurvedic soap created by Sri. C. R. Kesavan Vaidyar in 1940. He is an Ayurvedic doctor in India, who created the soap with natural vegetable oil. Ayurveda is a holistic approach to medicine that dates back 5000 years in India, and believes that all living things are based on underlying energies. Ayerveda was developed as a way to balance these life energies to promote longevity and optimal health. Chandrika began in India, selling to local stores and now exports to the western world. It claims its soap and hair care products use only natural oils and no animal products.
The soaps contain coconut oil, wild ginger, lime peel oil, hydnocarpus oil, orange oil, and sandalwood oil. One soap also contains neem and tulsi. The shampoo contains indian gooseberry (amla), margosa (neem), holy basil (tulsi), and henna. They claim to contain no aritificial color, animal products or thickening agents. It is not clear from the official website or other third party websites if this is a complete list of ingredients.
Chandrika soaps and hair care products are created with natural ingredients. The ingredients all have their own use according to the corporate website and adds to an overall nourishing soap product. The shampoo is made of ingredient used for hundreds of years by Ayurvedic practitioners for natural nourishment of the hair and scalp. The use of these products is in line with the teaching of Ayurvedic practitioners for optimal health and longevity.
- Chandrika soaps and hair care products are manufactured with natural ingredients and no animal products. No animals are used in the testing of these products.
- The cost of Chandrika products is affordable. A portion of proceeds from the sale of the products is donated to charities in India, including a hospital.
- The Chandrika products have a strong scent which may be off putting to some consumers.
- It is unclear from the Chandrika website if the list of ingredients is complete.
- Chandrika products were found by some consumers to leave the skin dry and less moisturized than other products.
Chandrika soap and hair care products are natural and cost effective alternative products for customers looking for a holistic beauty regimen. The Chandrika company uses a portion of its products to donate to its community healthcare which may be attractive to community minded consumers. The company website does not offer direct sales, so a consumer will need to go to a third party website to purchase these products.
Consumers with specific skin and hair care needs should use caution in selecting these products because the list of ingredients may not be complete on the website. Always be cautious when changing beauty and skin care products, adverse reactions can occur with any new product. Consult a physician if an adverse reaction occurs.