What You Should Know
Chasteberry is a natural plant, named for the belief that it suppressed the libido, that may be used in many different supplements. We will take a closer look at what it is and what it does to determine if it has any bearing in weight loss, and if so, if it is worth the investment for dieters.
List of Ingredients
Chasteberry is an herbal ingredient you may find in some of the weight loss supplements on the market today. It is a natural growing plant.
Chasteberry has been used for thousands of years, but does not seem to have any weight loss benefits, either through fat burning, or appetite suppression. The herb has been traditionally used to treat menstrual issues, and to boost the production of breast milk. In addition, it has been used to treat issues with menopause and acne. It does not have any expressed weight loss benefits, though it may be able to assist with weight gain due to hormonal changes. It can also combat hormonal changes in mood, and depression. This is why it seems to be a frequent ingredient in weight loss supplements made just for women. People who use this supplement may find they experience mild dizziness and a rash that looks like acne, but these are the most common side effects. Please see the disadvantages for more information on the more severe side effects, and who should not take it.
- This is a natural way to alleviate many symptoms related to women’s hormones.
- This has nothing to do with burning fat or suppressing the appetite.
- This supplement may or may not have a money back guarantee, depending on where you get it from.
- There are no free trials of this supplement.
- There are some side effects to be concerned about if you are pregnant, breast-feeding, or have some other hormone dependent condition.
- If you are taking anti-psychotic medications, or medicine for the treatment of Parkinson’s Disease, you should not take this supplement due to the increase of dopamine in the brain.
- This product does not seem to be safe for men.
If you see this as an ingredient in your weight loss supplement, know that it is only to help with hormones. It should not be in any supplements you take if you are a man. While this may help with hormonal issues, it should not be taken alone if you want to lose weight. It will not help with weight loss through appetite suppression or fat burning. Whatever supplement you chose should contain proven ingredients, and be used with a balanced diet and regular exercise program for best results.