What You Should Know
ChitoGenics, made by New Life Products International, offers a few different weight loss supplements including Chito Patch, ChitoGenics Gold, ChitoGenics PowerUp, and ChitoGenics Original Mahuang Free. The original ChitoGenics is a four phase weight loss system in which all of the products are claimed to work together. The official website for ChitoGenics claims that the product has been shown to lower bad cholesterol and raise good cholesterol levels, as well as reduce the risk of a stroke or heart disease.
List of Ingredients
The ingredients of ChitoGenics Original Mahuang Free are listed as follows: Chitosan (Marine Fiber Concentrate), Green Tea Extract (40 mg Caffeine), Citrus Aurantium Extract (6% Amines), Gymnema Sylvestre Leaf Extract (25% Gymnemic Acid), Buchu Leaf, Cornsilk, Couchgrass, Hydrangea Root, Juniper Berry, Uva Ursi Leaf, and Garcinia Cambogia Fruit Extract (50% Hydroxycitric Acid).
The makers of ChitoGenics claim that the main ingredient, Chitosan, has been proven in clinical studies to reduce participant’s body fat by eight percent in a four week period. The ingredient is said to absorb the ingested fat and pass it through the digestive system before it can be stored in the body. Another ingredient, Garcinia Cambogia, is meant to suppress the appetite and block excess carbohydrates from converting to fat within the body.
- The official website for ChitoGenics provides a complete list of ingredients and highlights the function and benefits of the active ingredients in the product.
- Customer testimonials and success stories are available on the product website to demonstrate the product’s effectiveness.
- ChitoGenics offers a thirty-day money back guarantee, but only for unopened and unused boxes. There is no trial period allowing users to try out the product to ensure that it will work.
- If you are allergic to shellfish, you can not take ChitoGenics as a weight loss supplement because Chitosan is a shellfish derivative.
- ChitoGenics does not provide access to data from clinical studies to verify the product’s weight loss claims.
Online research shows that Chitosan, one of the main ingredients for ChitoGenics, is not all that effective as a weight loss product. These scientific studies show that the ingredient has been shown to only reduce calorie intake by about ten calories per day from a person’s diet. There are both favorable and unfavorable reviews from various online sources, so the product may work for some and not for others. Unfortunately, the manufacturer does not offer a product guarantee if it does not prove effective, since refunds are only given on unopened and unused bottles. It would be better to allow those who wish to purchase and try the product the opportunity to use it for thirty days and receive a full refund, even for the empty bottle, in the event that the product does not work.