Chromium Polynicotinate Review
What You Should Know
Chromium Polynicotinate is an ingredient found in many supplements and vitamins. It is a mineral, chromium, bound to niacin (vitamin B3) to make it easier for the body to absorb. It offers a significant advantage over another popular chromium product on the market, chromium picolinate. The most alarming issue concerning chromium picolinate is that overuse can cause chromosome damage. Chromium polynicotinate does not cause chromosome damage.
List Of Ingredients
Chromium polynicotinate is an ingredient itself, but is made up of the mineral chromium and niacin, otherwise known as vitamin B3.
Chromium polynicotinate works by lowering glucose levels in the blood, which may provide an energy boost to some people.
- Chromium polynicotinate appears to be a safe product to take for most people.
- Common side effects of chromium polynicotinate are dizziness and rash.
- Since this product influences the absorption of insulin, it should not be taken by diabetics without consulting your doctor.
- People who are anemic or require iron supplements should think twice before taking this supplement. It is known to prevent absorption of iron.
- Some people report headaches when they stop taking chromium polynicotinate, due to changes that affect glucose tolerance levels.
- We found no official website for this product and culled information from a number of different sources.
- We found no evidence that this is a weight loss product.
While this product may be marginally beneficial to some, it could spell health disaster for others. It works by helping to lower blood glucose levels, an effect that could help many diabetics while putting others in danger of plummeting blood sugar or a glucose rollercoaster that could leave some people drained and exhausted. It may or may not produce an energy boost, depending on the body’s natural ability to control glucose. While we found many weight loss supplements that contain chromium polynicotinate, we found no evidence that it directly enhances weight loss.
It would be irresponsible to recommend use of this product without consulting your doctor, especially for diabetics or prediabetics. However, we think it is worth consulting your doctor as an addition to your health supplement regime, since the information seems largely positive and the effect could help regulate blood sugar in even healthy adults. Your doctor can help you determine the dosage required to maintain your blood glucose level and advise you about drug interactions with any other medications you might be taking to regulate blood glucose.
To effectively lose weight, we recommend a healthy diet and moderate exercise. A fat burner and an appetite suppressant can help you stick to your healthy diet plan. Buy products you can trust from an authoritative source that does the homework and delivers sound advice.