What You Should Know
Citrulline is a non-essential amino acid that plays a role in the building of muscle. It is commonly found in many protein rich foods, but supplementation is also available for those who do not get enough in their diet. Many people supplement because they cannot eat enough of the foods every day to get the right amount they need every day. We will take a closer look at the ingredient to determine if using a supplement will help people in their quest to lose weight.
List of Ingredients
Citrulline is an ingredient, because it is a non-essential amino acid. We advise you to take a close look at the ingredient list of the supplement you choose, so you can learn more about the specific ingredient formula.
Citrulline helps increase the production of nitric oxide in the body. Nitric oxide helps to regulate blood flow, provides muscle strength, increases the flow of oxygen to the muscles, and gives the muscles fuel for more growth. This is why many athletes and body builders use the supplement. Citrulline also works in the liver to reduce levels of ammonia and lactic acid. Too much of these in the system and you could find yourself tired, with decreased energy levels. It also helps to increase aerobic energy production.
- Citrulline is found from natural food sources.
- This is available in a variety of supplements from a variety of manufacturers.
- Citrulline does not contain any fat burners or appetite suppressants.
- This supplement is more geared toward those who are interested in body building and increasing muscle mass rather than those who just want to shed a few pounds.
- Depending on what company you get the supplement from, there may or may not be a money back guarantee available.
- Depending on what company you get the supplement from, there may or may not be a free trial available.
Citrulline is a good supplement for bodybuilders and athletes to use, to promote overall health and the production of more muscle. It does not seem to provide any weight loss benefit though, because there are no fat burners or appetite suppressants in the formula, and the ingredient does nothing to help thermogenics or appetite control. If you are looking to lose weight, we suggest using a proven fat burner or appetite suppressant in conjunction with a balanced diet and regular exercise routine. For best results, increase water intake, as well. Though the more muscle you have, the more fat you will burn through an increase in metabolism, you must first burn fat before you can start building muscle. If you do not workout on a regular basis, this supplement will likely not help you.