What You Should Know
Contours Fitness is also known as Contours and Contours Express. It is a gym that was designed specifically for women and only women can work out at this gym. Contours Fitness claims that they can help any woman lose weight without hitting any plateaus in their progress. They use real-weight resistance training and this is used because it is supposed to have no chance of users hitting a plateau on their weight loss or fitness journey. Contours Fitness gym is said to be able to be used by women of all fitness levels.
The real weight resistance is a system of weights that are attached to the various machines at Contours Fitness gyms. It is said to give resistance in extensive as well as contractive resistance. This method is supposed to prevent repetitive overuse injuries as well as help users achieve results quickly. These gyms claim that they are great for beginners because there are no strict workout schedules or hard to achieve fitness goals. The Contours Fitness website does offer descriptions of the workouts and does provide information on all of the equipments in the gyms. They do not offer hydraulic exercise equipment or circuit training because they feel it is ineffective in long term steady weight loss. This is just a gym and not a strict workout routine. There is also no strict diet plan or potentially dangerous supplements.
- Contours Fitness gyms do not use hydraulic workout equipment.
- This gym promotes a supportive and safe environment for women.
- The Contour Fitness methods are supposed to prevent plateaus.
- There are no potentially dangerous supplements required with any program.
- There is no information available on the cost of a membership to Contour Fitness gyms.
- There is no option for a personalized fitness program.
- The company website is more focused in purchasing a franchise and does not talk much about the gym or its opportunities.
- Contours Fitness spends too much time comparing itself to Curves.
- The website provides little information about is provided for members.
- Members do not get nutrition training and it is unclear if they can get any personal training.
Contours Fitness doesn’t really stand out from the rest of the women only gyms available today. This gym seems to be more focused on its competitors than it is on its members so those seeking individual attention may wish to research other gyms. There is also no absolute evidence to prove that this gym will be right for everyone. Users will need to assess their health and fitness goals and decide if working out at Contours Fitness is right for them.