What You Should Know
Cook Yourself Thin is a cookbook, modeled after the Cook Yourself Thin television show. The cookbook was developed to help people get the skills they need to remain confident in their abilities to cook their own meals and lose weight. The basic idea is that rather than going on a diet, you should make some small yet meaningful changes in your diet that will make a difference in the long run. These small changes to your lifestyle will make it easier for you to lose weight and keep it off in the future, so you don’t feel like you have to be on a diet the rest of your life.
List of Ingredients
Cook Yourself Thin is designed to help teach people to learn to love food again. The idea of starving yourself to lose weight is not only counter productive, but it will actually cause weight gain. The beginning of the cookbook presents readers with a quiz to identify their personalities or category of eater, and each category then has its own set of suggestions and meal plans/recipes to help. This is an excellent approach as nobody has the same set of diet and eating problems, or needs to lose the same amount of weight in the same way. The cookbook also has calorie exchanges for times when you get too busy to count all your calories, to help you learn how to make smarter eating decisions.
- There is a wide variety of reduced calorie swap-outs for high calorie favorite foods.
- People can become more aware of their eating habits with the quiz and the suggestions presented in the book.
- If you do not enjoy cooking, this diet option will not appeal to you.
- There is not a specific diet or meal plan presented in this book.
- There are no exercise guidelines presented in this book.
- Beyond caloric content, no nutrition information is presented.
- Promotes drinking diet soda.
- Some recipes feature unhealthy ingredients.
This book does not really differ much from other reduced calorie, low fat cookbooks. The one thing it seems to have over others is the quiz in the beginning that will help people identify with their eating habits and provide suggestions based on those habits. Many other books offer healthier alternatives without skimping on flavor or taste. The main issue with this cookbook is that many of the ingredients are not healthy for long term use in a lifestyle change or a weight loss plan; for example, cream cheese, sugar, and bacon. We recommend you follow a nutritionally balanced diet, with a regular exercise program, increased water intake, and proven weight loss supplement for best results.