What You Should Know
The Cookie Diet offers consumers a way to help control their appetite while following a healthy diet to aid in weight loss, or just a healthy snack alternative. For maximum results, an 800 calorie per day diet is suggested. This diet includes 6 cookies throughout the day to control hunger and one meal of six ounces of lean chicken, fish or turkey and one cup of non-starchy green vegetables.
The active ingredient in the Cookie Diet is secret hunger-controlling protein blend. Because the cookies are made of a proprietary recipe, we are unable to find a complete list of product ingredients at this time.
The Cookie Diet offers their cookies in a variety of flavors including banana, chocolate, oatmeal raisin, coconut and blueberry. Customers can also purchase shake mixes in chocolate, vanilla, strawberry, pina colada and crème brulee flavors. One shake mix is equal to two cookies. Although these flavors may sound appetizing, the cookies are not exactly made to taste good. The cookies are crunchy so keep that in mind if you plan on ordering this diet.
- The Cookie Diet does not contain harmful weight loss drugs such as Ephedra.
- The consumer does not need to have a prescription to purchase this product as it can be ordered online directly from the manufacturer’s website.
- The Cookie Diet was developed by and is manufactured by a doctor. The official product website states that more than a half a million people have had weight loss success with this product.
- The Cookie Diet does not contain any fat burning products to help aid with weight loss. This product is only an appetite suppressant.
- For the best results, only 800 calories per day should be consumed. This type of calorie restriction may be too much of a lifestyle change for many dieters.
- Free samples are not available for first time customers at this time.
- This product costs $56-$59 plus shipping for one weeks supply. This may be too expensive for the average consumer.
- Some find the cookies unappetizing. (See reader comments.)
The Cookie Diet does address one of the major factors for unsuccessful weight loss and that is hunger. While the protein blends may help suppress hunger, this product does not contain any fat burning products to help speed up weight loss for the user. Since this product suggests an 800 calorie diet per day including the cookies, results would vary depending on the diet plan of the user. The Cookie Diet should be commended, however, for addressing the fundamental reason for unsuccessful weight loss and the variety of flavors available. We feel it would be beneficial if the Cookie Diet allowed first time consumers to purchase a sample the product.