What You Should Know
When you begin to lose weight it can seem like everything is spiraling out of control. You may want to restrict your diet but find yourself without the energy or resources to do so. On the other hand you may feel as though you are doing everything right including eating healthy foods and exercising on a regular basis. If you are doing everything right you may begin to wonder why in the world you are gaining rather than losing weight.
Sometimes being overweight is not a result for poor dietary and exercise habits. Occasionally, the cause is due to a deficiency in the body such as when the thyroid gland is not producing the right amounts of the thyroid hormone which can lead to all sorts of physiological problems, including excessive weight gain.
List of Ingredients
Cytomel should be taken by mouth, either with or without food, at the same time every day. The primary purpose of the medication is to relieve the symptoms of a thyroid gland that is not producing an adequate supply of the thyroid hormone. Symptoms this product may relieve include decreased energy, weight gain, dry skin, hair loss, heightened sensitivity to cold, and a reduction in the speed of speech.
- This product has been scientifically shown to help regulate thyroid productivity.
- Cytomel may be covered by insurance because it is prescribed by a doctor for a non-weight related issue.
- Serious side effects such as nausea, irritability, increased appetite, temporary hair loss, headache, and upset stomach are associated with the medication.
- This product can interfere with the body’s ability to absorb other medications.
- Cytomel is only available by prescription.
- This product is not manufactured specifically for weight loss.
For some people who are overweight, a thyroid problem is to blame. For those people Cytomel may be an effective method of regulating their thyroid and may allow them to lose the weight the thyroid problem caused them to gain. For those whose weight problems do not stem from a malfunctioning thyroid, using Cytomel will not only fail to be effective; it could pose significant health risks. For the majority of dieters, this is not a product that will be an effective weight loss supplement, simply because their weight loss was not the result of a thyroid problem. If you are concerned that your weight gain could be the result of a thyroid problem, you should certainly consult your physician. If you find that your thyroid is working properly, however, consider diet supplement that has been tested and proven to be an effective way to lose weight.