Daniel Fast Review
What You Should Know
The Daniel’s Fast Cookbook is written by Grace Bass and Lynda Anderson and is intended as a spiritual approach to a healthy lifestyle. The Daniel’s Fast is a fast based on Daniel’s fast in the bible and tries to follow what Daniel ate (or did not eat) in order to avoid being defiled after Israel was besieged and he was imprisoned by the King of Babylon. The Daniel’s Diet operates on the theory that “the body is a temple” and should not be polluted.
The Daniel Fact Cookbook excludes all meats and animal products, all fermented products, hydrogenated oils and processed foods and contains over 100 recipes that are strictly vegan. When the diet is strictly followed with these foods, it is supposed to lead to improved physical and spiritual health as well as a healthy weight.
The Daniel’s Fast can be done for 10 or 21 days, for the period of Lent or can be applied as a lifestyle. The cookbook contains a thorough explanation of the fast, recipes, and guidelines for implementing the fast. The cookbook lists the foods to avoid as well as foods that are allowed. The cookbook also addresses such topics as nutritional concerns and Daniel Fast friendly restaurants. Also covered throughout the book are references to the spiritual benefits of fasting.
- The Daniel’s Fast Cookbook promotes healthy eating habits and weight loss without the use of any diet drugs.
- The cookbook encourages breaking bad habits and learning self-control.
- Following the guidelines for the Daniel Fast is supposed to have many spiritual benefits.
- The Daniel Fast diet is low in Omega 3, calcium, Vitamin B12, and iron, so supplements are recommended to avoid long term problems.
- There is no schedule of when or how much to eat provided by The Daniel’s Fast Cookbook, nor is there much emphasis on exercise.
- The focus of The Daniel’s Fast Cookbook is not just about how to lose weight but focuses more on promoting a healthy vegan diet and lifestyle.
- Some followers of the Daniel Fast claim that this diet can eliminate illness and disease, but there doesn’t seem to be any evidence which can conclusively prove that.
The Daniel Fast Cookbook offers a spiritual and vegan approach to changing one’s diet to lose weight and achieve better health. This book guides those interested in eliminating chemicals and unhealthy additives from their diets. Its basis is in the Bible and many Christian websites have articles supporting this type of fast. Weight loss may be achieved but the spiritual benefits seem to be what most readers of the book are interested in. Most feedback from those who have purchased The Daniel Fast Cookbook has been positive. The book can be purchased at Christian Bookstores, Amazon.com, and Barnes and Noble.