What You Should Know
The main active ingredient in Diatrin H, as with many other weight loss products on the market today, is Hoodia Gordonii. Manufacturers of weight loss products have become particularly enthusiastic about Hoodia Gordonii in the last couple of years due to its appetite suppressing qualities and also because a number believe that it is a safe alternative to the now banned Ephedrine. However, a number of diet experts tell us that not all weight loss products contain a sufficient concentration of Hoodia for the product to actually be effective. The concentration of Hoodia extract in Diatrin H is not given on the label.
The ingredients in Diatrin H are listed as Hoodia, Yerbamate,
Ashwaganda and Damiana.
Although there is apparently an official website for Diatrin H, we could not find it. The label on the bottle of this weight loss supplement lists Hoodia Gordonii as one of the ingredients but does not give information about the concentration of Hoodia used, making it difficult for us to assess whether or not it may be effective. Yerbamate, which is present in Diatrin H, is also a common ingredient in other weight loss products on the market today. Yerbamate is commonly drunk as a coffee like drink in countries such as Peru and Argentina. It is known to have stimulant qualities, and numerous health benefits are associated with it. Aswagdanda is an herb that is commonly used in Ayurvedic medicine. It is known as a rasayana herb, and it works on a non-specific basis to increase health and longevity. Damiana, which is also present in Diatrin H, is a shrub native to Central and South America and is made into a tea and traditionally drunk to help with depression and constipation. Damiana is also said to increase energy levels. The cost for a bottle of Diatrin H is $67.
- There is apparently an official website for Diatrin H.
- Hoodia Gordonii is said to have appetite suppressing qualities.
- The low number of ingredients used means that they may be present in effective concentrations.
- The label on the bottle does not list the concentration of Hoodia Extract in the product formula.
- As there are two stimulants in this product, you may need to reduce the amount of coffee you drink while taking it.
- Diatrin H is not the only weight loss product on the market to contain Hoodia Gordonii.
- It is not clear how Diatrin H stands our from the many other Hoodia Gordonii products available.
The market is swamped with weight loss products that contain Hoodia Gordonii as a major active ingredient. As consumers are faced with such an enormous number of products to choose from, manufacturers really need to work hard to convince consumers that their product is superior and will really work. The manufacturers of Diatrin H do not even give any information on the concentration of Hoodia in the product, which would be extremely useful when trying to determine this product’s effectiveness.