Eating Well When You’re Expecting Review
What You Should Know
Eating Well When You’re Expecting is just one of the books in the “What to Expect When You’re Expecting series. This book is targeted at pregnant women who want to ensure they are eating the healthiest possible diet to keep themselves from gaining too much weight while you are pregnant. If you are pregnant, or planning to become pregnant, this book can help you get a good idea of how to approach your diet during those precious nine months.
List of Ingredients
Eating Well When You’re Expecting is the “go-to” guide for pregnant women. For many, there is quite the conundrum, because you want to eat healthy to keep yourself and the baby well, but the various food related symptoms (morning sickness, constipation, and heart burn, to name a few) make it hard to eat the way you should while you’re pregnant. This book gives you advice on what to eat and what to avoid, when you are at home, at work, dining out, and gives you advice on how to indulge in your cravings without gaining too much weight. There is advice for moms-to-be that are lactose intolerant, those who are following a vegan lifestyle, and for people who want to learn more about what’s really off limits and what is just an old wives tale. There is information for a post-partum diet, as well as a section dedicated to how you should eat when you are trying to conceive again.
- Eating Well When You’re Expecting gives solid advice on how to maintain a healthy diet while you are pregnant, despite all the food related side effects of pregnancy, and unhealthy cravings.
- This book is widely available online and in conventional stores.
- Eating Well When You’re Expecting is only targeted at pregnant women.
- This is not a weight loss approach.
- This does not mention pregnancy fitness.
- This book has been met with mixed reviews, because many women say it is nothing more than recipes that take all day to cook.
Eating Well When You’re Expecting could be hit or miss, depending on what you are looking for. If you are already eating healthy and well aware of nutrition, then you likely will not find much of this book useful. If you want to learn more about pregnancy nutrition and how it differs from “normal” nutrition, you may need to give this book a read. While there are recipes, many reviews say they are complex, and not ideal for beginners or people who do not have a lot of time to cook, or money to invest in ingredients. This book does not address pregnancy fitness, but during pregnancy, the aim should not be (unless told by a doctor) weight loss, but rather preventing too much weight gain.