Edge 482 Exercise Bike Review
What You Should Know
Exercise bikes are gaining popularity as in-home exercise options. The reasons for these are many: a 45 minute session on an exercise bike can burn up to 300 calories depending on your weight and resistance levels used. They are also light and easy to assemble, and take up little room in your home. The Edge 482 Exercise Bike is no exception. Produced by top manufacturer, Fitness Quest-Edge, it sports all the features you would need from a home exercise bike. Located in Canton Ohio, Edge is a subsidiary of Fitness Quest Inc., one of the largest manufacturers of sports equipment in the United States. Edge Fitness equipment carries a wide range of bike from the simple magnetic resistance bikes to more expensive recumbent bikes.
Edge fitness bikes are known for their innovating designs, high quality features, and more importantly, affordable prices. The Edge 482 which is available online and via Amazon and stores like Wal-Mart, retails for just $ 179 upward. Compared to other bikes in a similar category, it is very affordable.
List of Ingredients
The Edge 482 Upright bike has triathlon styled handle bars and a sturdy tubular steel frame. It has 16 levels of magnetic resistance to provide a variety of workouts. Motorized tension control enables you to change resistance levels during your session, simply at a touch of the button. The onboard computer system tracks time, speed, distance, hand pulse, resistance and the number of calories burned. The handlebars are slip resistant, and are fashioned to allow sturdy gripping. The seats can be adjusted to 8 levels, and the pedals include straps. The bike has a 250 pound weight capacity. Newer models come with MP3 player holders.
- This bike can be purchased from Fitness Quest or Amazon.
- It is light and clients will testify to the ease of assembly. Instructions are included with the package.
- Retailing at $179 upward, it is very cost effective, especially when compared to other bikes in its category which retail for $300 upward.
- Customers have complained that the resistance levels are not very challenging.
- While there are 8 seat level options, the bike is still not comfortable for tall riders.
- There have been questions as to whether the calorie counter and heart monitor function effectively
Overall, this is a great bike to buy if you are looking for convenient in-home workout. This is not a bike meant for serious biking enthusiasts, but rather for those looking to get into shape with regular training and exercise. If you can ignore certain glitches like faulty heart monitors and calorie counters, then for the price, this bike gives you excellent value for money and a good and comfortable workout.