What You Should Know
Expedrine is a weight-loss supplement that works by increasing the body’s energy through several stimulant ingredients. This product claims to help you burn fat faster by increasing your energy level. This product also claims to reduce water weight by increasing body temperature. The main ingredients in this weight-loss supplement are Synephrine, Guarana, and Theobromine. All three are stimulants and have other uses.
This weight-loss supplement employs liquid-gel technology. This feature supposedly helps your body absorb the ingredients faster and therefore helps you burn fat quicker.
List of Ingredients
The complete ingredients for this product are not given by the manufacturer, but they do list the three active ingredients as Synephrine, Guarana, and Theobromine. However, the manufacturer does not provides little specific information about these ingredients.
Expedrine, like many other diet supplements, claims to help you lose weight by boosting metabolism and energy levels. While this may help you shed some pounds, this is not the safest way to lose weight. This is especially true because this product may have some serious side effects. Although Guarana and theobromine are marketed as natural ingredients, synephrine is not.
Guarana is a South American plant that contains three times as much caffeine as coffee beans. The berries from this plant are also used in energy drinks and soda.
Although synephrine is used in many weight loss supplements, its benefits are doubtful. Also, there may be certain health risks associated with use of this drug. Some studies indicate that excessive amounts of synephrine combined with caffeine cause cardiovascular problems such as strokes, high blood pressure, and heart attacks.
Theobromine is a stimulant derived from the cacao plant and is very similar to caffeine, although it is not as strong. However, some harmful side effects have been linked to theobromine.
- This product probably will help you lose weight, though it may not be as effective as the advertising suggests.
- Expedrine can be purchased from several different online sites.
- One disadvantage of this dieting product is that the safety and effectiveness of the ingredients, especially synephrine, are unknown. This ingredient has not been proven to burn fat, and may cause serious side effects.
- This product is quite expensive, ranging from $44.99 – $89.99. Other more healthy options are available for a much lower cost.
- Another disadvantage of Expedrine is that the manufacturers do not advocate a healthy diet and exercise program, both of which are necessary to lose weight and keep it off.
Although this product may promote weight loss, it is not a healthy option. Expedrine does contain at least two natural ingredients, but even these ingredients have possible side effects. Also, the main active ingredient of this product, synephrine, may be dangerous for your health.
While the powerful stimulants in this diet supplement may help burn fat, use of this or similar products is not the best natural way to lose weight.