Fast Food Diet Review

Editor's Review: 2.6 / 5.0

What You Should Know

Fast food restaurants and drive thrus are often blamed for increasing the obesity rate in the United States. Many people resort to fast food joints because they are extremely convenient when you don’t have the time to put together lunch in the morning or are just in a rush. Fast food restaurants are known to offer foods that are high in fat and low in nutrients, allowing the blame for obesity to ring true at times. However, many people are not aware of fast food restaurants serving some meals that are not necessarily high in fat and offer more nutrients than the typical burger and fries. The Fast Food Diet was created and written by Dr. Stephen Sinatra which is based on the 80/20 rule. Sinatra suggests that if you make good choices 80 percent of the time you can eat practically anything you want the other 20 percent of the time.

Ingredients

Not applicable. However, Dr. Stephen Sinatra has a book available – The Fast Food Diet.

Product Features

The Fast Food Diet claims that you can still freely visit fast food restaurants as long as you’re not ordering a Big Mac, Whopper, fries, or milkshakes every day. As long as you’re making smart choices, it suggests that you are guaranteed to start losing weight, gaining more energy, and even lowering your blood pressure and cholesterol levels. Since many fast food restaurants offer a variety of items, the Fast Food Diet is considered flexible because of the many choices you have when deciding what “smart” foods to eat. However, it’s always good to keep in mind that although you should be making those smart choices 80 percent of the time, the other 20 percent leaves you feeling free to down whoppers, fries, soda, and milkshakes. Some of the “smart choices” offered at fast food restaurants are getting grilled chicken instead of fried, using oil and vinegar for salad dressing than cream-based dressings, baked potatoes instead of fries, water instead of soda, fruit instead of cookies or pies, among several others.

See Our Featured Diet

Advantages

  • Offers a variety of “smart choices” to eat.
  • Book provides all information on the diet.
  • Is recommended for people who are mainly on the go all the time.

Disadvantages

  • Allows you to eat some of the worst foods possible.
  • Does not recommend a more rigorous workout routine, just walking each day.
  • Allows you to intake processed, low-nutrient foods that are proven to increase obesity.

Conclusion

The Fast Food Diet suggests that you walk approximately 4.5 miles per day, however, this is often impossible especially for those who tend to have a busy lifestyle. The only way to lose weight is to eat healthy more than 80 percent of the time and follow a regular exercise schedule.

GD Star Rating
loading...
Editor: Paul Blake

Have a comment or question about Fast Food Diet?

One User Review about Fast Food Diet

  • 1
    Asiancatering

    As long as you’re making smart choices, it suggests that you are guaranteed to start losing weight, gaining more energy,

    [Reply]