What You Should Know
Forslean is a weight loss supplement that is manufactured by Sabinsa Corporation. Sabinsa Corporation says that it is a patented Phytonutrient for weight management that promotes lean body mass. The main active ingredient in Forslean is the root extract of Coleus Forskohlii. Coleus Forskohlii is an ancient ayurvedic plant that is a member of the mint and lavender family. It grows in the mountains in Asia and is becoming an increasingly popular ingredient in many natural weight loss products.
The main ingredient in Forslean is the patented root extract of the Coleus Forskohlii plant.
There is a very detailed website available for Forslean. The website contains a number of scientific papers detailing research carried out on the weight loss properties of Coleus Forskohlii in Japan, the USA and India. These trials do show a modest weight loss benefit that can be linked to the use of Coleus Forskohlii. The active ingredient in Coleus Forskohlii is Forskolin. Forskolin apparently initiates a chemical process in the body that results in a burning of energy and fat cells.
Forskolin also increases thyroid activity, which in turn increases the rate of your metabolism and hence results in fat burning. Forslean can be ordered on line at a price of $15.99 for one hundred and twenty tablets. The manufacturers of Forslean say that you should take two capsules per day, as well as exercising three times a week and also follow a sensible diet while using this supplement. They also advise that you should not take Forslean if you are breast feeding, have low blood pressure or are taking any kind of anti asthmatic medication. It seems that Forslean has a lowering effect on blood pressure and also increases the amount of acid in the body, which means that it should also not be taken by anyone who has a stomach ulcer.
- There is an official website for Forslean.
- The official website contains a number of scientific papers detailing the results of clinical trials regarding Coleus Forskholii, the main active ingredient in Forslean.
- There are contact details on the website for any customer service enquiries or complaints regarding Forslean.
- There is no concrete evidence that Coleus Forskohlii is entirely safe for long-term use.
- There is no clinical proof available to show how Forslean actually does procure weight loss.
- You cannot take Forslean if you have low blood pressure, or are taking anti asthmatic medication.
- The return policies for users unhappy with Forslean are not clear.
At the end of the day although the manufacturers of Forslean present a number of scientific papers on the web site regarding the active ingredient in Forslean, they do not present any evidence that it is superior to other weight loss products on the market. There are also a number of cautions associated with Forslean, and it does have a documented effect on a user’s blood pressure. We would therefore recommend that you seek the advice of your physician before taking this weight loss product.