What You Should Know
FucoZan is a dietary supplement that is put out by Vita-Logic. Vita-Logic has been in operation since 1994. According to its website, it has been widely recognized as the leading supplier of vitamins, minerals, and herbal supplements. Their formulation process of these products includes a board certified medical doctor overseeing and assisting the Vita-Logic company.
FucoZan is touted as one of Vita-Logic’s best fat burning supplements. It contains fucoxanthin. This is proven speed up the fat burning process by increasing one’s metabolism.
Potential users of this dietary supplement will want o examine the list of ingredients before making it a part of their regular diet.
List of Ingredients
Fucoxanthin, green tea, pomegranate extract, Hoodia Gordonii, some filler ingredients.
The main ingredient in FucoZan is fucoxanthin. Fucoxanthin does not naturally occur in the body. It comes from edible seaweeds, particularly brown seaweed. Kale is a good source of fucoxanthin. However, over-consumption of fucoxanthin increases the risk of iodine poisoning. Fucoxanthin studies on animals have shown it to increase the metabolic process and fat burning, particularly around the abdomen. Thus, people believe that seaweed supplements can boost one’s metabolic rate. Edible seaweeds are good sources of iodine as well. Iodine is a critical component in the functioning of the thyroid gland.
There are two other important ingredients in FucoZan: Green Tea and Hoodia Gordonii. Green Tea is an antioxidant that is said to be both a weight loss aid and a health aid. It also contains ECGC, capable of metabolizing fat. Hoodia Gordonii is a hunger suppressant, designed to make the body think that there is more glucose in the blood stream, thereby decreasing appetite.
FucoZan is available through many online retailers. Currently, one bottle containing ninety capsules costs $24.40.
- It claims to be an all natural supplement.
- Contains antioxidants and ECGC.
- Available at many online retail websites.
- Contains filler ingredients which may not be necessary.
- Over-consumption of fucoxanthin may lead to iodine poisoning through an overactive thyroid gland.
- Unrealistic weight loss claims. Consumers of FucoZan do not see weight loss even when watching what they eat.
- Some users report bloating.
- Seems similar to other dietary supplements (e.g., Hoodia, Froodia, Fuco Prime).
- Does not emphasize the importance of healthy diet and regular exercise. One consumer lost more weight by not eating unhealthy foods and regularly exercising.
FucoZan provides a number of benefits to people on weight loss programs. Vita-Logic claims that it can boost metabolism rates, burn off excess body fat, and increase energy. The presence of Hoodia suppresses the appetite, making people eat less calories at meal and snack times.
However, the disadvantages seem to outweigh the advantages. Bloating is reported among users. Regular exercise and healthy diet have shown to be more beneficial. Over-consumption may lead to iodine poisoning and an out-of-control thyroid gland.