What You Should Know
GenoTrim is a weight loss approach produced by Salugen. It is the first of its kind, and says that your DNA should play a role in the way you lose weight, since it plays a role in how you gain and carry the weight in the first place. It is clinically proven and backed by research which is presented on the GenoTrim website.
GenoTrim claims to use over 30 ingredients in their formula, but will only list the following ingredients, and will not list their amounts.
Niacin-Bound Chromium, Synaptamine proprietary complex, Garcinia Cambogia extract and Folic Acid (Vitamin B9).
GenoTrim sends you a DNA test kit which you return and then they formulate a supplement for you based on your genes. The ingredients Genotrim admits to using are Niacin Bound Chrominum, Synaptamine proprietary complex, garcinia cambogia extract and folic acid.
Chromium is known to help the body stay healthy and protect it, but has little to do with aiding weight loss. Niacin is a B vitamin found in many foods. Garcinia Cambogia is a fruit native to India and some parts of Asia thought to have appetite suppressant properties. Folic Acid is another B vitamin essential to human health.
- Customized supplement just for you.
- Backed by clinical research.
- Very expensive and likely not affordable for many.
- With the DNA test kit running $499.95-including shipping and handling-and the supplement costs $99.95 per month after it has been created for you.
- The site warns you should not take this medication if you are taking any MAOI Inhibitors.
- You should always speak to a doctor or pharmacist before taking this medication to ensure against other drug interactions with any medications you are currently taking.
- Do not take this medication if you are pregnant, nursing, or may become pregnant.
As of December 2008 GenoTrim is not commercially available. If you have the funds to put forth toward something like this, it may be worth it though it is hard to say if the supplement really is customized specifically for you. It could be a money racket with a run of the mill weight loss supplement in return for much more than it is worth. If you are looking for a weight loss supplement be sure to find something that addresses appetite suppression and fat burning. Combine the weight loss supplement with a healthy diet and an exercise routine and save the money you would have spent on the DNA test for a new wardrobe when the weight comes off. It’s really too soon to tell how well this product will work, even with the fact that testimonials are present on the GenoTrim website. No guarantees are offered with this product, and that sure seems like a lot of money to spend on something that may or may not work for you.