What You Should Know
The Greenlane Diet is a three day diet and promises that those who follow the diet exactly will lose ten pounds. It is claimed that this diet was popular in the United Kingdom under the name the “British Heart Foundation Diet”. It is unclear whether or not the diet was affiliated with this organization though. Those following the Greenlane diet are only able to take in 700 hundred calories per day and the food choices are very restrictive. This diet seems to border on a starvation diet because of the minimal caloric intake.
Those following the Greenlane Diet are only able to eat boiled eggs, dry toast, tuna fruit and Snax biscuits (made by New Zealand’s Griffins company). Dieters can only drink black coffee, water and plain tea. All meals are the same for all three days; for breakfast users are supposed to eat a small apple, five Snax biscuits, a slice of cheddar cheese and one of the allowed drinks. For lunch, users are supposed to eat a slice of dry toast, a boiled egg and one of the allowed drinks. For dinner, users are supposed to eat _ a melon, a cup of tuna, a cup of cauliflower, a cup of beetroot, a _ cup of diet vanilla ice cream and one of the approved drinks.
- The Greenlane Diet may help users lose water weight.
- The instructions to follow this diet are free.
- Taking in only 700 calories per day may be very dangerous.
- Since dieters following the Greenlane Diet are so restricted they may be tempted to cheat.
- How the Greenlane Diet originated is not known nor is it disclosed.
- Exercise is not encouraged with this diet.
- Women pregnant or nursing should not follow the Greenlane Diet.
- Those with health conditions should not follow this diet.
- Those taking medications should not follow the Greenlane Diet.
- Following this diet for longer than indicated will most likely lead to a slow metabolism.
The Greenlane Diet doesn’t really stand out from the rest of the extreme weight loss programs available today. The Greenlane Diet may not be for everyone because there are no supplements included with any proven fat burners or appetite suppressants in them so those seeking a diet in which supplements are used that have the ability to suppress the appetite and burn fat may want to research other programs with products that are intended for appetite suppression and fat burning. Those seeking weight loss should also develop a healthy diet and exercise program that works for them because then they are more likely to stick to it. Users will need to assess their health and fitness goals and decide if using the Greenlane Diet is right for them.