Guggul Extract Review
What You Should Know
Guggul Extract is actually a resin that is believed to aid in increasing white blood cell counts in the body. This extract is a traditional medicine in India and has slowly made its was to the Western countries as an ingredient in diet and weight loss supplements. Guggul Extract is made from a tree called Mukul Myrrh and those in India claim to have used it for several centuries to treat conditions such as high cholesterol and obesity. Guggul Extract is commonly used in supplements in the United States, but its effectiveness has yet to be confirmed and may doubts have been formed.
Guggul Extract is believed to help increase white blood cell counts in the body. It may also possess potent disinfectant capabilities as well as be beneficial in lowering high cholesterol and balancing overall cholesterol levels. Guggul Extract is now thought to be a beneficial fat burner, but no studies have confirmed this as of yet.
- Guggul Extract may be able to lower cholesterol somewhat.
- Guggul Extract that is sold separately from mixed ingredient supplements is relatively inexpensive.
- There are no known side effects with this extract when used alone.
- Many products containing the ingredient Guggul Extract contain caffeine so those who are sensitive should avoid this product because adverse side effects such as insomnia and muscle tremors may occur.
- Those taking MAOI’s, SSRI’s, antidepressants, NSAIDS, corticosteroids or certain other medications may not be able to take products containing this ingredient.
- Those who have diabetes, hypoglycemia, high blood pressure, cardiovascular ailments or certain other medical conditions may not be able to take products containing Guggul Extract.
- Women who are pregnant or nursing may not be able to use products containing this ingredient.
- Studies that have been done about the benefits of Guggul Extract on weight loss have been inconclusive.
- Guggul Extract does not seem to be able to suppress the appetite or burn fat.
- It is unlikely that this extract is beneficial in treating obesity.
- Many studies have been done that question Guggul Extract effects on high cholesterol.
Guggul Extract doesn’t really stand out from the rest of the weight loss supplement ingredients available today. Guggul Extract may not be an effective weight loss supplement ingredient because there doesn’t seem to be any proof that it can suppress the appetite or burn fat so those seeking a weight loss supplement or ingredient with the ability to suppress the appetite and burn fat may want to research other products that are intended for appetite suppression and fat burning. Those seeking weight loss should also develop a healthy diet and exercise program. Users will need to assess their health and fitness goals and decide if using Guggul Extract or supplements containing it is right for them.