Gymnema Sylvestre Leaf Review
What You Should Know
Most dieters probably have not heard of Gymnema Sylvestre Leaf because this weight loss supplement ingredient is relatively new to the weight loss market. Only a dozen or so supplements contain it and no research has been done to test its effectiveness yet. Some say that Gymnema Sylvestre Leaf may be more beneficial to diabetics that it would be to those seeking to lose weight. The leaf comes from a huge, woody climbing plant that can be found in the tropical forests within southern and central India. Traditionally, Gymnema Sylvestre Leaf was chewed and is said to inhibit a person’s ability to taste sweet foods.
Gymnema Sylvestre Leaf is now usually made into a tea in which users are supposed to drink to help regulate their blood sugar levels. It is also said to be beneficial for other conditions such as anemia, osteoporosis, obesity and hyperglycemia. Some studies have shown some promise in Gymnema Sylvestre Leaf’s ability to regulate blood sugar levels, but it has yet to be proven beneficial to those seeking weight loss.
- Gymnema Sylvestre Leaf does show some promise in being able to regulate blood sugar levels in the body.
- Many supplements containing Gymnema Sylvestre Leaf also contain caffeine so those who are sensitive should avoid this product because adverse side effects such as elevated heart rate and insomnia may occur.
- Those taking MAOI’s, SSRI’s, antidepressants, NSAIDS, corticosteroids or certain other medications may not be able to take this leaf or supplements containing it.
- Those who have diabetes, hypoglycemia, high blood pressure, cardiovascular ailments or certain other medical conditions may not be able to take Gymnema Sylvestre Leaf or any supplements containing it.
- Women who are pregnant or nursing should not use this leaf or any supplements containing it.
- Gymnema Sylvestre Leaf is not a proven appetite suppressant.
- Since this leaf is relatively new to the weight loss market no scientific research has been done to support its claims.
- Gymnema Sylvestre Leaf is not a proven fat burner or energy booster.
- There is no proven link between this leaf and weight loss.
Gymnema Sylvestre Leaf doesn’t really stand out from the rest of the exotic weight loss supplement ingredients available today. Gymnema Sylvestre Leaf may not be an effective weight loss supplement ingredient because it doesn’t seem to be a proven appetite suppressant or fat burner so those seeking a weight loss supplement with the ability to suppress the appetite and burn fat may want to research other products that are intended for appetite suppression and fat burning. Those seeking weight loss should also develop a healthy diet and exercise program. Users will need to assess their health and fitness goals and decide if using Gymnema Sylvestre Leaf or any supplements containing it is right for them.