What You Should Know
Gymnema Sylvestre is a popular ingredient in many weight loss formulas. This review will take a closer look at the herbal supplement to determine its function and if there is any value to people who are looking to lose weight.
List Of Ingredients
Gymnema Sylvestre is an ingredient in many weight loss formulas and may be purchased from many vitamin and supplement stores without added ingredients. The components of the plant are: resin, gymnemic acids, saponins, stigmasterol, quercitol, and the amino acid derivatives betaine, choline and trimethylamine.
Gymnema Sylvestre is an herb native to the Tropical areas of India. It works by inhibiting the body’s ability to taste sweetness. In addition to being able to help suppress cravings and help maintain blood sugar levels, it works as a diuretic, tonic, astringent, refrigerant, and stomachic. It may interact with certain medications including: glipizide, insulin, and metformin. These drugs are commonly used to treat diabetes, so this is why it is important to use the supplement under the supervision of a trusted medical professional.
- Gymnema Sylvestre may be a good way to naturally approach blood sugar regulation and help maintain diabetes.
- Gymnema Sylvestre supplements are not created equally. Check to ensure there is enough of the supplement in the product you purchase for best results.
- This herbal solution is not a fat burner or appetite suppressant.
- For people who have diabetes, it is important to speak to a doctor or other medical professional to determine whether or not it is safe to take.
- Though there is reference to “good scientific information” that suggests the herb works to maintain blood sugar levels, we were unable to locate it.
- Diuretics can do more harm than good, pulling excess fluid from the body.
- The effects of this herbal supplement have not been tested on pregnant or nursing women, so if you are pregnant or nursing, avoid this supplement.
Gymnema Sylvestre may help stabilize the blood sugar and help curb cravings, but it will take more than this to help with weight loss. As an ingredient in a weight loss formula, it needs to be joined with a proven fat burner and or appetite suppressant for the best result. We recommend you do more research of your own to determine how you feel about taking a supplement that contains this ingredient. While taking it alone may help with blood sugar levels, it will take great dedication to a balanced diet and exercise program to see any viable weight loss.