What You Should Know
The Hampton’s Diet was developed by Dr. Pescatore and focuses on changing one’s lifestyle so that they live “rich, indulgent and thin”. This diet plan takes elements of the Mediterranean Diet and low-carb diets and instructs users to eat only organic foods when possible. The Hampton’s Diet is a restrictive diet and users are told not to stray from the plan if they wish to achieve results. Exercise is mentioned, but not incorporated into this diet plan.
The Hampton’s Diet consists of foods that are mostly organic and they can occasionally have foods that are minimally processed. Users are instructed to eat no artificial foods and and to only use very little amounts of sugar alcohols. The following the Hampton’s Diet are supposed to substitute all monosaturated fats for saturated fats whenever possible and only consume foods that are dense in essential nutrients. This diet also focuses on a low-carb lifestyle and users must strictly adhere to the guidelines. Exercise is mentioned, but it is not explicitly encouraged by Dr. Pescatore.
- Users are encouraged to eat a mostly healthy diet.
- The creator of the Hampton’s Diet is a medical doctor.
- The Hampton’s Diet is quite restrictive.
- Those taking MAOI’s, SSRI’s, antidepressants, NSAIDS, corticosteroids or certain other medications may not be able to follow this diet plan.
- Those who have diabetes, hypoglycemia, high blood pressure, cardiovascular ailments or certain other medical conditions may not be able to follow the Hampton’s Diet.
- Women who are pregnant or nursing may not be able to follow this diet plan.
- There are no proven fat burning or appetite suppressing supplements included in this diet plan.
- The Hampton’s Diet is not unique because most of its elements were taken from other popular diets such as the Mediterranean Diet.
- Users are encouraged to purchase Dr. Pescatore’s books.
- There is no one-on-one consultations or support with this program.
The Hampton’s Diet doesn’t really stand out from the rest of the mostly organic diet plans available today. The Hampton’s Diet may not be an ideal weight loss option for those who rather take supplements because there aren’t any proven appetite suppressing or fat burning supplements included with it so those seeking a weight loss program with supplements with the ability to suppress the appetite and burn fat may want to research other products or programs with supplements that are intended for appetite suppression and fat burning. Those seeking weight loss should also develop a healthy and complete diet and exercise program. Users will need to assess their health and fitness goals and decide if using the Hampton’s Diet is right for them.