What You Should Know
The Hayes Clinic was founded in 1999 in Paris, Texas by Dr. Gaylen Hayes D.O. Hayes states that he opened this clinic to help curb the obesity epidemic. The Hayes Clinic focuses on counseling, thorough examinations, supplementation and cosmetic procedures to promote weight loss. This clinic also offers long-term support.
The Hayes Clinic requires individuals to undergo a thorough initial visit and exam as well as attend all monthly follow-up visits. The initial visit consists of measuring weight, lean body mass, vital signs, body fat percentage, body mass index, total body water and body fat mass. The initial visit will also most likely include tests to assess the individuals thyroid function, cholesterol level, kidney and adrenal function, glucose levels and triglyceride levels. The monthly follow-up visits will reassess all of these things as well as prescribe any necessary medications and/or supplements. Users will also need to keep a diet diary and read all of the handouts that are required by the Hayes Clinic.
- The Hayes Clinic does offer personal counseling.
- There is long-term help available for those who need and/or want it.
- The Hayes Clinic does provide thorough physical examinations.
- Some of the Hayes Clinic supplements contain caffeine so those who are sensitive should avoid this product because adverse side effects such as increased blood pressure and muscle tremors may occur.
- Those taking MAOI’s, SSRI’s, antidepressants, NSAIDS, corticosteroids or certain other medications should not take some of the provided supplements.
- Those who have diabetes, hypoglycemia, high blood pressure, cardiovascular ailments or certain other medical conditions should not take some of the supplements available by the Hayes Clinic.
- Women who are pregnant or nursing should not use the supplements available by this clinic.
- The Hayes Clinic does not seem to encourage exercise.
- The supplements provided by this clinic seem to be disappointing and conventional.
- The Hayes Clinic seems to focus heavily on cosmetic procedures.
The Hayes Clinic doesn’t really stand out from the rest of the multi-service weight loss clinics available today. The Hayes Clinic may not be an ideal weight loss option for those who rather take supplements because though there are some supplements included the supplements do not contain any proven appetite suppressing or fat burning ingredients so those seeking a weight loss program with supplements with the ability to suppress the appetite and burn fat may want to research other products or programs with supplements that are intended for appetite suppression and fat burning. Those seeking weight loss should also develop a healthy and complete diet and exercise program. Users will need to assess their health and fitness goals and decide if using the Hayes Clinic is right for them.