97% of dieters are just looking for a weight-loss product that works. Yeah, we’re not sure about the other 3%, either. We wanted to learn more about HCG Activator, so we focused on the ingredients, side effects, research and customer service. Additionally, we read hundreds of reviews, comments and complaints online. Then, we summarized and refined to give you the info you need.
What is HCG Activator?
Firstly, HCG Activator is a dietary supplement that’s touted as an alternative to hCG products. The ingredients include green tea leaf extract, l-arginine, l-ornithine, N-acetyl-l-carnitine, black cohosh, saffron and huperzine. You’ll take two capsules, twice per day on an empty stomach. Supposedly, it reduces hunger and eliminates water weight.
HCG Activator was introduced by BioGenetic Laboratories; although there’s no mention as to when the company was founded. The supplement is sold through the official website and trusted retailers. We like that it contains a few natural ingredients and that we located some positive customer comments, but read on…
Price –”Is Anything Cheaper?”
Our first concern with this product was the high cost of taking HCG Activator. “At 79.99 per bottle and several pills per day, the monthly cost can quickly reach $100-150,” said our Research Editor. “Cheaper alternatives that offer proven results are readily available.”
“Too expensive for a ‘fad’ diet,” said one user.
“With all the mixed results in online reviews, this product is too expensive for me,” explained another.
According to some HCG Activator reviews, cost wasn’t always a consideration.
“Decided to try HCG Activator because it was much less costly than those other programs,” said a dieter.
Meal Plan – “Very Low Calorie”
Another concern was HCG Activator side effects from eating 500 calories per day. “I took HCG Activator for 1 week before realizing that it wasn’t healthy for me to sustain a 500 calorie diet,” said one dieter.
“I was constantly hungry, had stomach pain and nausea, experienced jitters and shakiness, and I didn’t lose weight,” said another.
One nutritionist said,“Nobody should be on a diet that forces you to consume less than 1200 calories per day for females or 1500 calories per day for males. It outweighs the benefits of modest weight-loss.”
We found that some dieters didn’t complain about the eating plan with HCG Activator.
“Many other weight loss programs require you to buy their foods. The foods on this list are foods I have eaten for years, nothing weird,” stated a customer.
“The diet is strict but easy enough to follow. I was never hungry,” commented another.
Our researchers have shown that whenever a program has a particular aspect that is especially difficult (painful workout routine, harmful side effects, long term concerns, bad taste, etc.), the likelihood of losing weight and keeping it off is slim. If HCG Activator really does promote an unsafe diet and has these negative side effects, it could make it difficult for dieters to reach their weight-loss goals.
The Science – “Convincing Evidence?”
HCG Activator makes a lot of claims that are unsubstantiated and are missing critical research. The product says it will quickly help you slim down and lose excess weight, but the majority of the weight-loss may be attributed to the meal plan that leaves dieters hungry. We couldn’t find any research on the formula. Here at DietSpotlight, it takes science to convince us to suggest a product. We found nothing for this supplement.
The Bottom Line – Does HCG Activator Work?
Is it time to race out for this one? We do like that HCG Activator has been around for over 10 years, that the products are available online and at various health food stores and that the ingredients are easy to find online. Unfortunately these positives are outweighed by the missing research, so we are skeptical about suggesting the supplement or diet. We’re also concerned about the potential side effects and hunger.
If you’d like to slim down and reach your goal weight, we suggest you go with a product that offers proven weight-loss at an affordable price. One that will have claims backed by research and clinical studies and won’t have long term health concerns.
Among the best products we’ve seen in 2016 is one called Leptigen. The proprietary blend of four ingredients has been featured in clinical studies, and has outperformed a placebo when it comes to helping increase fat burning and boosting metabolism. Users online agree that it offers great weight-loss results without the harmful side effects and long term health concerns.
Right now, Leptigen is also available through a Special Trial Offer, which shows that the makers are confident that you’ll like the product.