What You Should Know
Healthy Bread in Five Minutes a Day is a cookbook that shows you how you can make breads that are good for you, even if you are too busy to cook most of the time. Breads get a bad rap when it comes to dieting, and many people do not realize you can still enjoy good carbs from bread, as long as you do it in moderation. This is a cookbook, rather than an overall weight loss approach, but the principles of this book could easily be used in conjunction with another diet to help you eat your bread and lose weight too.
List of Ingredients
Healthy Bread in Five Minutes a Day is not just your typical collection of bread recipes featuring flour, yeast, and water. These bread recipes are packed full of fruits and vegetables, and many of them are made using gluten free ingredients, so this is a good investment for people who are on a gluten free diet. This book was written in response to the Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day book, which earned quite a reputation. Bread recipes in the Healthy Bread book include: Quinoa Bread, Chocolate Espresso Whole Wheat “Cupcakes,” Gluten Free Parmesan Rosemary Breadsticks, Spicy Chile Whole Grain Crackers, Whole Grain Pizza Crust (complete with pizza recipe featuring roasted red peppers and fontina) and more. With recipes for breads you can bake for sandwiches, crackers, and desserts, this is the ultimate quick bread cookbook.
- Healthy Bread in Five Minutes a Day has many excellent reviews on Amazon.com.
- The breads made use of whole grains, fruits, and vegetables.
- Healthy Bread in Five Minutes a Day may require the investment in more expensive ingredients.
- Not all the recipes in the cookbook are gluten free. Most reviewers say only two of the recipes are completely free gluten.
- While you can make bread in five minutes a day, there is a good bit of ground work which must be laid before you can get that benefit.
- Even if the breads are healthy, eating too much of them can still make or break a diet.
Healthy Bread in Five Minutes a Day could be a good investment for people who are looking for more creative ways to hide their fruits and vegetable servings in a bread. This is a good choice for people who want to make their own crackers, and any bread other than what you would use to make a sandwich. It is not a weight loss plan, but the healthy breads in this book could be used to include bread products as part of another weight loss plan.