What You Should Know
Your Body, Your Life is a book written by Kim Lyons, a famous personal trainer most well known because of her appearances on the hit television, The Biggest Loser. Beyond being a personal trainer, she is also a fitness model and a nutritionist. The book outlines a 12 week long plan designed to help you completely overhaul your lifestyle into a more healthy one.
List of Ingredients
The program focuses on mind, body, and soul, beyond diet and fitness. Lyons focuses on getting you healthy mentally and emotionally and helping you make good behavioral patterns so you can stick to your new diet and fitness routine to get the job done. Her program consists of four parts: You, Your Work Out, Your Nutrition, and Your Future. The first part is a journal for you to talk about your goals, motivations, mind, body, and current fitness. The second part details your workout plan-what you are going to do and how often you are going to do it. The third part is your dietary plan, how to eat, when to eat, and how to track it so you can stick to it. The final part is how you can evaluate where you are versus where you want to be, and how you can maintain it when you get there. Each chapter ends with some homework so readers can review and reinforce what they have learned. Lyons says readers should keep a separate journal for record keeping purposes, to motivate them and to remind them where they’ve been. Lyons says to build a cheat day in your diet plan so you don’t have to feel bad when you want something you’re not supposed to have. It will help you stick with the plan longer.
- This program focuses on you as a whole, rather than your weight and getting rid of it.
- This program includes recipes and a meal plan.
- This program focuses on a lifestyle change, instead of being a quick weight loss solution.
- This program does not give any unique information, or anything new and different.
- If you do not feel that your weight is a result of emotional eating or other behavioral triggers, this program may not be for you.
- This program seems primarily targeted toward women, though it could work for men as well.
- If you do not like the idea of exercise, you will not like this program.
While the foundation and idea behind Your Body, Your Life is good, there is nothing here we do not already know. Follow a balanced diet and exercise. You will lose weight if you stick to the program long enough. If you want to see more results faster, add a proven fat burner or appetite suppressant as directed.