What You Should Know
Lakanto was developed by Donna Gates who is the head of the Body Ecology Diet. This product is considered a Japanese sweetener or “fake sugar”. Gates claims that Lakanto can be used as a replacement anytime someone would use sugar. Users can use this product to sweeten drinks, cook or bake. Lakanto is said to be a weight management product that can be used by any adult regardless of age, gender or fitness level. This product is said to have a zero glycemic index, no calories and no additives.
Erythritol and Luo Han Guo Fruit Extract.
Lakanto contains the ingredient Erythtitol which is a naturally occurring sugar, often found in grapes, pears, mushrooms and other foods. It is said to be be a safer form of sugar alcohols because it is supposed to prevent negative side effects that are often present with sugar alcohols such as bloating, gas and diarrhea. The ingredient Luo Han Guo Fruit Extract is said to act as an anti-carcinogenic as well as an anti-inflammatory and an antioxidant. It is also said to be beneficial in treating ailments such as certain digestive ailments, fever, phlegm and coughing.
- Lakanto is said to be all natural.
- This product contains no calories.
- The Lakanto product website is somewhat professional and does offer plenty of relevant product information.
- Lakanto is extremely expensive when compared to any other sugar substitute.
- Those taking MAOI’s, SSRI’s, antidepressants, NSAIDS, corticosteroids or certain other medications should consult a physician before taking this product.
- Those who have diabetes, hypoglycemia, high blood pressure, cardiovascular ailments or certain other medical conditions should consult a physician before taking Lakanto.
- Women who are pregnant or nursing should consult a physician before taking this product.
- Lakanto does not seem much different than any other sugar substitute.
- This product makes too many lofty claims.
- Lakanto is boasted to be such a unique product, yet few people seem to have ever heard of it.
Lakanto doesn’t really stand out from the rest of the supposed “fake sugar” weight management products available today. Lakanto may not be an effective weight loss product because there doesn’t seem to be any proven appetite suppressants or fat burners in it so those seeking a weight loss supplement with the ability to suppress the appetite and burn fat may want to research other products that are intended for appetite suppression and fat burning. Those seeking weight loss may also benefit from developing a healthy diet and exercise program. Users will need to assess their health and fitness goals and decide if using Lakanto is right for them.