Lemonade Diet Review
What You Should Know
The Naturopath Stanley Burroughs invented the Lemonade Diet, which is also known as the Master Cleanser Diet. Stanley Burroughs was born in New York and began his Naturopathic Practice in Portland in the 1940s. As well as being interested in detoxifying the body he was also interested in reflexology and light therapy. The book that he wrote giving information regarding the Lemonade Diet is available from online stores such as Amazon, and the title of the book is the Master Cleanser Diet. This diet, which was based on Lemonade, Cayenne Pepper and Maple Syrup, was designed to rid the body of toxins, and also restore the body to full health after a period of illness. Stanley Burroughs also believed that his Lemonade Diet was very useful for overweight people.
Fresh Lemon Juice, Maple Syrup, and Cayenne Pepper.
Stanley Burroughs believed that you should follow the Lemonade Diet for a minimum of ten days and a maximum of forty days. In order to prepare a glass of the Lemonade Diet Stanley Burroughs states in his book that you will need two tablespoons of freshly squeezed lemon, two tablespoons of organic grade B Maple Syrup and a tenth of a teaspoon of cayenne pepper and one cup of pure spring water. He advised that no food should be taken whilst following this diet, which involves taking a large number of glasses of this drink every day. Of course if you are not going to eat anything whilst following this diet then it is likely that you will lose weight. However it is likely to be a temporary weight loss due to the fact that you are not eating and only drinking this lemon based drink. This is not a diet which is going to be suitable for someone suffering from health problems. If you do have any prexisting health problems and would like to follow this diet then we would advise that you first seek the advice of a qualified Naturopath or Physician.
- The Lemonade Diet is likely to rid your body of toxins.
- The drink that makes up the Lemonade Diet is simple to prepare.
- The book by Stanley Burroughs explaining the Lemonade Diet can be ordered from online shops.
- This diet is probably not suitable for anyone who has health problems.
- This diet may not help you lose weight in the long term.
- This diet and it’s detoxifying effects are very controversial amongst medical professionals.
- We do not believe that it would be prudent to follow this diet for over ten days.
- This is intended more as an extreme detoxification program than a weight loss diet.
Although this may be a good diet to follow for a limited amount of time if you wish to rid your body of toxins, we do not believe that it is the solution to long term weight loss. There are many online forums devoted to this diet.