Light Weigh Review
What You Should Know
Light Weigh is a Christian-oriented weight loss program based on a series of videos that encourage participants to change their lifestyles. It is designed for groups working together to lose weight. The program was begun by Suzanne Fowler, a devout Catholic who believes that the power of prayer can play an important role in achieving weight loss goals.
The Light Weigh videos are designed to be viewed in a series of 90 minute meetings over a 12-week period. The elected group of participants is expected to consist of at least three members who provide support and encouragement for one another throughout their journey to weight loss. The videos are 60 minutes in length or less, and the meetings include a 30 minute discussion period in addition to the Light Weigh video viewing.
- Light Weigh’s program carries a positive message for Christians who are trying to
lose weight. It stresses a group effort in achieving weight loss, and claims to teach a new approach to eating through prayer.
- Although it was created from a Catholic perspective, Light Weigh can benefit
participants from other Christian denominations as well.
- Light Weigh is an international program, including participants in the United
States, Canada, Ireland and Australia.
- Light Weigh is primarily a spiritual approach to weight loss. It is Christian-
oriented, so it does not address potential participants of other faiths.
- The Light Weigh program is geared specifically toward groups of people working
together, rather than individuals. The idea behind it is that there will be meetings where videos are watched and discussed, but this is not a feasible option for some people.
- Light Weigh aims to address the supposed spiritual hunger of the participant,
rather than any true physical issues. It is based on the assumption that the participant has an emotional struggle that is causing weight problems. This excludes a large group of people, including those who are carrying extra weight from holiday indulgences or from a recent pregnancy.
- At $135.00, the program comes with a hefty price tag.
- The Light Weigh company Web site implies that you may have to reorder the
product numerous times to obtain maximum results.
Light Weigh attempts to offer comfort and spiritual guidance to participants who want to lose weight. It is geared toward people of Christian faith, and may not appeal to those of other faiths. It could serve as a useful and inspirational tool for Christians who feel they are victims of emotional eating, are willing to spend money on the videos and want to make a commitment to group meetings. For those who are not suffering from serious emotional issues and feel that faith may not be their key to successful weight loss, Light Weigh will probably not yield desirable results. Light Weigh’s focus on fellowship and prayer is uplifting, but the capacity for true results is questionable at best.