What You Should Know
Sound Surgical Technology is the company behind the concept of LipoSeclection. They tell us that LipoSelection is an advanced patented procedure for the removal of unwanted fat. They claim that it is a safe way to remove stubborn fat deposits and provide yourself with a smooth new shape. LipoSelection uses low energy ultrasound to break up fat deposits.
There are no ingredients. LipoSelection is a surgical ultrasound procedure that removes fat.
There is an official website for LiposSelection. The websites that we found tell us that LipoSelection involves filling the area to be reshaped with a saline like solution which will numb the site and reduce the blood vessels. This saline solution also wets and fills the area to be treated, which means that it can be easily targeted. A small probe then transmits sound energy to break up fatty tissue on contact whilst protecting the other tissues. Sound Surgical Technologies assure us that LipoSelection is less invasive than liposuction. They also claim that you can see results immediately, with final results seen after three to six months, and that any area of the body can be treated such as the arms, stomach, buttocks or chin. The website contains a number of impressive testimonials a well as before and after pictures. The website also contains a search facility that enables you to find a doctor or clinic that routinely performs the LipoSelection procedure. The website, however, does not appear to provide details on the average cost of this procedure.
- There is a detailed official website for LipoSelection.
- The official website contains testimonials as well as before and after pictures.
- Sound Surgical Technology say that LipoSelection is less invasive than Liposuction.
- LipoSelection has not been approved by the Food and Drugs Administration.
- There is no concrete evidence that it achieves superior results compared to other similar procedures.
- There have been no controlled, standardized tests to evaluate whether LipoSelection works in the long term.
- Many people may not be comfortable with a surgical weight loss procedure, and would be much happier with a simple oral supplement.
- The price of LipoSelection is unclear.
On the face of it, it would seem that LipoSelection is safer and less invasive than procedures such as Liposuction. However, as there have been no long term controlled standardized trials evaluating LipoSelection we cannot form a conclusive opinion. At the end of the day, LipoSelection is still a surgical procedure and if you are considering it you would be well advised to seek advice from your family physician before going ahead with this procedure. Also, procedures such as this should always be a last resort, and you should first of course try a change in lifestyle including a change in eating habits and exercise to get rid of excess fat, before choosing an extreme and invasive surgical procedure.