What You Should Know
Medifast is basically a diet plan, which consists of pre-planned meals. There is a separate Medifast “5 in 1″ plan to suit women, men and individuals afflicted with diabetes. The official Medifast website states that this diet program does not involve the process of counting calories or points. The meals involved with Medifast are stated to be low in fat and calories, but also nutritionally rich. A single month’s supply of meals costs $275, regardless of whether it’s for men or women. Consumers additionally have the option of designing a more specific menu of meals.
The official Medifast website claims that each meal is “portion controlled” and user’s tend to see results in the first week. The individual meals are stated to “create a calorie deficit,” hence enabling the body to burn off fat as energy. Medifast supposedly enhances lean muscle mass by offering just the right combination of carbohydrates and protein. There doesn’t appear to be any key active ingredients found in Medifast meals other than simple nutrients. The general cost for using the Medifast diet program is 10 dollars per day. Medifast meals incorporate a vast array of fruit drinks, bars, chili, soups, oatmeal, hot beverages, shakes, puddings and eggs. The official Medifast website lists no side effects in regards to their meal plans or products. Medifast meals are intended to be eaten every 2-3 hours, which is commonly six times each day. If all meals are not consumed, it’s claimed that the weight loss process can be hindered or slowed down due to the user’s body storing energy.
List of Ingredients
Not really applicable.
Medifast is a diet plan consisting of pre-planned meals. This product comes in three forms; one suitable for women, one for men and one for individuals that suffer from diabetes. While Medifast does not appear to contain any specific key components, it is stated to offer a sufficient variety of protein, carbs and nutrients. This combination is claimed to assist users in reducing weight and acquiring lean muscle mass. Medifast aims to “create a calorie deficit,” hence enabling the body to burn off fat as energy. The general meal plan costs $275 per month and users are directed to consume six meals throughout each day.
- Medifast can be conveniently ordered online through the official website.
- There are Medifast meal plans specifically geared toward women, men and diabetics.
- The Medifast diet program does not involve taking medications.
- The official Medifast website offers consumer success stories.
- Medifast may prove to be a bit pricey for some consumers considering it costs $275 per month.
- The Medifast eating program may be difficult for some individuals to keep up with since it involves eating six meals each day.
- Some dieters may find the Medifast plan somewhat restricting since they’re only able to consume the Medifast meals.
- Medifast meals have to be eaten every 2-3 hours, which may not fit every dieter’s schedule.
- Some individuals become “bored” with the meals and even find some unappetizing. (See reader comments.)
- Medifast does not appear to contain any specific active ingredients that curb hunger or promote fat reduction.
While some individuals may enjoy the idea of Medifast providing all daily meals, the plan itself might get a bit pricey over time considering it costs $275 per month. On the bright side, Medifast does not involve any diet drugs or pills. However, the idea of consuming six meals each day on a schedule may be somewhat difficult for working individuals, or for those with frequently eat out. It’s prudent to examine all current diet pills and plans prior to purchasing one like Medifast. Especially since this program restricts the consumption of foods that are not purchased from Medifast.