What You Should Know
Monaslim is one of the brand names for an appetite suppressant and smoking cessation product manufactured by the French company Sanofi-Aventis. It is known as a cannabinoid (CB1) receptor inhibitor which works to block those chemicals from hitting the receptors in the brain which will reduce the appetite and cravings for nicotine. It is not approved by the FDA for these purposes and though it was available in Europe, it was removed from the market in October 2008 at the advice of the European Medicines Agency. It was also marketed under the names: Acomplia, Rimonabant, Remonabent, Rimoslim, Slimona, Riobant, Zimulti, and SR141716. The Rimonabant refers to the generic name, whereas the others are brand names.
List Of Ingredients
Rimonabant, croscarmellose sodium (E468), sodium laurilsulfate (E487), microcrystalline cellulose (E460) and magnesium stearate.
Monaslim was recommended for those who were considered obese, rather than those who just wanted to lose a few pounds. The appetite suppressant was said to help reduce the amount of body fat by up to 10 percent in 1/3 of people who took the medication. Like all other weight loss supplements, the best results were seen when the supplement was used alongside the proper diet and exercise routine. Initial results from studies conducted by the manufacturer show that this is also a viable smoking cessation product and that it may also reduce the desire to partake in drinking alcohol, using cocaine, or other opiate drugs.
- This product has been proven to aid in weight loss.
- In addition to the weight loss, this is also thought to help reduce the urge to smoke.
- This product was pulled from the market in 2008.
- There are several side effects as a result of using this supplement including: depression, risk of suicide, increased risk of Parkinson’s Disease, Multiple Sclerosis, Alzheimer’s Disease, and Huntington’s Disease.
- As a result of the product’s removal from the market, it is becoming harder and harder to find.
We cannot recommend this product to anyone who is trying to lose weight. The side effects, combined with the fact that is no longer on the market makes it an unsafe product to use. We recommend that you instead find a safe weight loss supplement that contains proven ingredients, either an appetite suppressant or a fat burner. When you find the supplement you want to take, you should combine its use with a balanced diet and exercise routine to get the best results.