97% of dieters just want a product that works. Yeah, we’re having a little trouble figuring out the other 3% too. Since Nature’s Balance produces several formulas, we looked at a few different ones to learn more about their ingredients, side effects, clinical support and customer service quality. We took that information, condensed and refined to give you the bottom line.
What You Need to Know
First off, Nature’s Balance is a full line of what they call “professional grade health solutions.” Their products cover a wide range including detoxification, joint health and immune system support. We’ve chosen to focus on Chlorella Pyrenoidosa. It contains an assortment of vitamins and minerals such as vitamins A, and B1, B2, B6, B12, chlorophyll and vitamins C, E, and K, along with potassium and magnesium. The supplement is easy to take since it’s a capsule.
Nature’s Balance was founded in 1992. The products use natural ingredients, which is a good sign since many synthetics may be harmful. The supplements are available from the company’s official website as well as other online retailers. We like the longevity and the high customer ratings, but read on…
No Full Ingredient Listing – “That’s a Problem?”
Our first concern with Nature’s Balance ingredients is that the company does not provide copies of the nutritional label for any of their supplements, so we don’t really know exactly is what is in the formulas. “It’s important to release a full list of ingredients to help customers address allergy concerns,” says our Research Editor.
According to the official website, “Discover just why we believe that chlorella is the single most-potent and important, natural antidote to the toxic world in which we live today, and why we recommend that this phenomenal life-sustaining and health building powerhouse should be the ‘foundation’ dietary supplement for every health-conscious individual on the planet,” this is fine and dandy, but what else is in the formula?
Scroll below for one of the best products we’ve seen over the last year.
Confusing Doses – “Could Become Costly”
The official product website doesn’t mention how many capsules to take every day. Another online retailer that sells it suggests starting with 3 capsules a day and gradually adding an additional capsule until you reach the maximum dose of 9 pills. At the price of $32.95 a bottle, the minimum dose means the bottle would last two months, making it affordable. But, at the maximum dose, it would last only 20 days, meaning you’d have to purchase two bottles to make it through a month. Though it’s still moderately priced at that point, the formula is not clinically proven to boost weight-loss, so why give it the time of day?
Our research indicates that if any part of a weight-loss program is hard, like needing to take 9 capsules a day to get the maximum benefit, your chances of long-term success are minimal, at best.
The Science – “Effective?”
Nature’s Balance references multiple clinical studies on chlorella, but they are from the ‘50s, 60s, and the ‘70s. These mention nothing about how chlorella helps with weight-loss. Though Nature’s Balance has been in business for more than two decades, we were unable to find more than a P.O Box for the company based in North Carolina. While it’s good to know we can contact them online, by phone, and by mail, it would be good to know exactly where their manufacturing facility and corporate offices are located.
The Bottom Line – Does Nature’s Balance Work?
So ladies and gentlemen, what do we have to say on this one? We like Nature’s Balance’s longevity as a company and the positive comments we saw about it online, but we are skeptical about it because we cannot be completely sure of the ingredients in the formula. Plus, while chlorella natural, it is more of a chelator which removes heavy metals from the body than a weight-loss supplement.
If you’d like to shed a few pounds, we recommend choosing a supplement that does more than detoxify the body, with ingredients that have been proven to help with weight-loss, energy, and metabolism.
Among the best products we’ve seen in 2016 is one called Leptigen. This formula is a blend of four ingredients supported by clinical research. The supplement is known to help burn fat and speed the metabolism. As we searched the internet, we were not able to find negative comments or any discussion about side effects and, based on reports, people are experiencing solid results.
The makers of Leptigen are so confident their product can help, they are giving a Special Trial Offer, which we like to see.